Certification and Training

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  GCPS8-ISP

Posted 09-18-2018 09:43

Dear certification community,

I am opening this discussion today to inform you of my real dissatisfaction with the passage of the pre-sales certification called "GCPS8-ISP".

A few years ago, I passed the "Core" certification, which was a professionalizing certification, complete with a real path to follow and a one-week training on site at Genesys. During this training we were free to ask questions, have information not necessarily described in the documents and we had a manual to review.

After almost 2 years of waiting to pass the certification (because the trainings were not/no longer available) I discover today that the whole thing is happening on the partner portal through modules called "GCPS". These trainings are generally interesting but do not allow at any time to revise correctly since there is no test at the end of each module to challenge the understanding and not even a global test by "learning path".

Strangely enough, the "old" modules of the digital part, for example Knowledge center, callback... Have knowledge tests at their disposal…

When I asked the GU manager of my country to have at least a mock exam for certification, she replied that it did not exist anymore and the path core learning is no longer under Genesys University and for now available for free on the partner portal and manage by the Sales Academy team. Genesys University deliver the voucher to pass the exam only. 

So I conclude two possibilities:

1. Genesys has not completely finished migrating the pre-sales training to the sales training platform and that the tests will be added soon. In this case, how can I challenge my knowledge to arrive calmly on the day of certification?
    2. Genesys reduces the pre-sales role at the sales level and this certification is only intended to generate profits for Genesys and the partner without taking into account the level of expertise necessary to become a pure Genesys pre-sales commitment. The certification has been greatly simplified and therefore even without revision or in-depth knowledge of the products the passage of the certification is trivial.

I would also like to remind you that our pre-sales role is crucial in sales, we are the experts during the RFP periods and after for a very diversified panel of customers and their different roles (technical, business, functional, service, support...) but also internally for sales representatives and PS.

I really hope that the first proposal is the answer and that you will soon inform me of the tests to be carried out.

I'll pass my exam tomorrow morning, 

BR,

#PureEngage

------------------------------
    Romain JOURDY

• 2.  RE: GCPS8-ISP

Posted 09-19-2018 05:36

Hello,

I have noticed the exam same thing.
    It is not just pre-sales, but all certifications no longer have mock exams available anymore.
    This could be something which has started from version 8.5 potentially.

The pre-sales certification has changed substantially from the previous 'Core' version so will need the Training module completed to provide the best chance to pass it.
    It is GCPS Partner: PureEngage Inbound, CX Analytics and Omnichannel Desktop Technical Pre-Sales and covers all the sections within the exam.

thanks.WA

WA

• 3.  RE: GCPS8-ISP

GENESYS
    Posted 09-20-2018 09:29
    Romain,

All of our certification info is posted in our certification guide located on the main Genesys University page and cross posted to this forum and is located here

http://admin.viewcentral.com/events/uploads/genesys/Genesys%20Certification%20Guide.pdf

The Core8, IP8, WFO8 and IWD8 have not been available for over a year. Your sales rep is correct in that the sales training is not handled by Genesys University who manages this forum but we will do our best to assist. These changes have been made a very long time ago , so I am surprised that you were not advised much earlier of the changes.

We try to have mock exams for most of our exams, the mock questions are posted along with the study guides in the library of this certification community. Unfortunately this particular exam has no mock questions. 

The GCPS path and training in the partner portal is how sales training is done today and it has been done this way for many years. This training is provided completely free of charge. This training is updated regularly and it is the best training available to anyone in sales.

Nigel Maharaj
    Genesys - Employees
    Global Certification Product Manager
    nigel.maharaj@genesys.com

• 4.  RE: GCPS8-ISP

Posted 09-21-2018 04:36
    ​Hi Nigel,

The mock exams we are referring to were previously available through our training portal whereby they would start a timed practise exam (just like the real one).
    Some of the study guides contain practise questions, which is useful but sometimes not enough to cover all sections of the exam.

thanks.

WA

• 5.  RE: GCPS8-ISP

Posted 09-21-2018 09:58
    Hi Everyone,

For your information I failed the exam due to the lack of mock and also my knowledge for sure (68,6%/70%).
    Now I know what I need to work before retake this certification.

If I could add some comments on it, here my observation:
    - All "sales" question like "Andrew is the CIO of the..." are too much and not so easy to understand for a non english native
    - Pure Engage Cloud is not sellable in my country, what is the good answer to put in the exam ?
    - During the exam there is "comments" on each question, I'd fill some of them but who is in charge to review these comments?

Hope I'll have this certification next time,

Romain

Romain JOURDY

• 6.  RE: GCPS8-ISP

GENESYS
    Posted 09-22-2018 18:38
    Edited by Nigel Maharaj 09-22-2018 18:40
    Romain,

You should have been contacted by your rep for us to get follow up information, but I would still like to answer your question

All comments are reviewed by our exam review boards and they decide if the question warrants being changed based on the comments

The answer that you got in the GCPS training material would be the correct answer. Please do not comment on this further as exam questions are part of the NDA you signed when you took the exam

Nigel Maharaj
    Genesys - Employees
    Global Certification Product Manager
    nigel.maharaj@genesys.com

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources