Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  dbo.Interaction.Text field is NULL for chats

Posted 02-01-2018 08:18
    Hello! I'm using chats and emails, and noticed, that field dbo.Interaction.Text in UCS DB is present  for emails and I can use Classification Server for screening. But for chats I see there is field dbo.Interaction.StructuredText only, and Screening for chat transcript can't be performed - I see error 'field can't be NULL' in logs. How can I enable using dbo.Interaction.Text field for chats and Screening chat transcript?

• 2.  RE: dbo.Interaction.Text field is NULL for chats

Posted 08-24-2018 10:10
    Hi all! 

Any updates or brainstorm about situation?! I still unable to do sreening for chats!

------------------------------
    Anton Bobkov
    Telemarket

• 3.  RE: dbo.Interaction.Text field is NULL for chats

Posted 02-22-2019 04:27
    Hi all!

Any updates? Any suggestions? Anybody see this topic?

Anton Bobkov
    Telemarket

• 4.  RE: dbo.Interaction.Text field is NULL for chats

Posted 02-26-2019 19:15
    Hey Anton,

Have you set the StructuredTextProcDef paramater on your Analyze object as per this documentation: eService Classify Chat

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 5.  RE: dbo.Interaction.Text field is NULL for chats

Posted 02-28-2019 07:56
    Hello, Jason!

Thank you for your answer. But your advice can't be used - it is only for Classify chat. I need perform the Screen.

Additional to this topic:

For all combinations of Analyze object//Multiscreen object with Parameters StructuredTextProcDef={"ContentToClassify":"All"} / StructuredTextProcDef={"ContentToScreen":"All"} / StructuredTextProcDef={"ContentToAnalyze":"All"} I get error:

__DBReturn(SCRIPT) <- STRING: "return:error|FaultCode:501|FaultString: error: value can't be null"

After debuging I see, that "value can't be null" points to field dbo.Interaction.Text in UCS DB 

So, I need solution for How enable UCS to fill dbo.Interaction.Text field for chats.

Anton Bobkov
    Telemarket

• 6.  RE: dbo.Interaction.Text field is NULL for chats

Posted 02-28-2019 18:17
    Hmmm, maybe it's not possible?  I've just had a look in our UCS database, and TEXT is null for for chat as well and I cant see any options that would change that.
    Given you've been waiting a while on this since you've asked it, I'd recommend raising a case with Genesys for an official response.

As a workaround, and this is just an idea and completely untested and would not be officially supported by Genesys, you could create a trigger on the database table for any inserts on the INTERACTION table that on the condition that TEXT is null, to parse and insert the relevant information from STRUCTUREDTEXT field in to the TEXT field. You'd likely want to create a TSQL function that would only take that values from within the <msgText> tags for the actual transcript components.

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources