Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Improve quality of on hold music

Posted 11-21-2018 11:13
    Are there any best practices regarding creating hold music for this environment?  The music that currently plays sounds awful.  It breaks up and raises and lowers in volume while it's playing.  I've tried other music which sounds fine when played from a computer but suffers the same issue when used in some orchestration.  Since these are playing from the MCPs is there anything that can be done to optimize playback?  Does Genesys have a library of optimized music for this purpose?  I'm not sure where the music we're using came from (the orchestration projects were created by Genesys Professional Services) so it might be that they aren't intended for production use.

Thanks for any recommendations!
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Kenny Snyder
    SAS INSTITUTE INC.

• 2.  RE: Improve quality of on hold music

Posted 11-22-2018 05:25
    As a general rule, 8khz 16bit mono uncompressed PCM is a good encoding for your audio files in most environments. 
    But if you know that all your calls are going to be negotiated in G.729 for example (as opposed to G.711) then your best off encoding your audio files in that.
    What is the current audio format of the files and the codec being negotiated for the sip?

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: Improve quality of on hold music

Posted 11-26-2018 12:00
    The Tserver audio-codecs key is set to telephone-event, PCMU,PCMA,G723,G729,GSM and the file we're currently using is a PCM signed, 16 bit, 8000 Hz, mono wave file.

We're using a Skype for Business Tserver but all treatments are requested via the SIP server if I understand correctly and the SIP server is where I got the audio-codec information from.

--Kenny

Kenny Snyder
    SAS INSTITUTE INC.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources