Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Aligning Pulse Status with WDE Status

Posted 12-28-2018 18:35
    My Agent is set up for voice, chat and email. When I set 2 of the 3 channels to Not Ready and the third channel to Ready, WDE shows the state as Partially Ready. Pulse shows this as Not Ready. For my Agent, how can I get Pulse to show Partially Ready (assuming it has the corresponding symbol) or, at the very least, Ready, so that it indicates the Agent is available for at least one channel? The image below illustrates the Pulse status on the left vs the WDE status on the right. I am editing a copy of the Agent Login widget. 

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Nelson Boychuk
    Tykans Group Inc

• 2.  RE: Aligning Pulse Status with WDE Status

Posted 12-31-2018 05:19
    Partially ready state is not real state of the DN or Agent, it's just a visual representation in WDE, but there is no relation to reporting. If you want to report and see on dashboard information about states of each logged media, you have to add filter based on mediaType or use capacity information if you are using capacity rules.

Jakub Němec
    Dimension Data Czech Republic s.r.o.

• 3.  RE: Aligning Pulse Status with WDE Status

Posted 12-31-2018 10:51
    Thank you for the response Jakub.
    Since Genesys does not report 'Partially Ready', then my next challenge is to somehow override the 'Not Ready' state with 'Ready' whenever one of the three channels are set to 'Ready'. I know my stakeholders will be upset if they are 'Ready' in one channel and they look up to the dashboard display and see it showing they are 'Not Ready'. Since I'm relatively new at this, I'll look into whether that can be done through the Formula field.  Three things I now need to know:
    1) does anyone know if this can be done using a custom Formula, and if so, what that Formula would be?
    2) I've worked with js in the past ... what is the best way to debug js that may be in the Formula field? [I tried a script and my widget shows an error however I don't know where the error is]. 
    3) Where can I find detailed, comprehensive documentation that describes Genesys functions (with examples), that can be used in Formulas? [I found one called 'Template Function Library' however, I need something that gives more detail and some examples. For example, a function may have a 'State' attribute but the document does not provide a reference to a list of valid values.

Nelson Boychuk
    Tykans Group Inc

• 4.  RE: Aligning Pulse Status with WDE Status

Posted 12-31-2018 19:21
    Looks like I managed to answer most of my questions. I now have a custom statistic that will display a positive (rather than negative) result whenever an Agent is 'Ready' in at least one of many available channels (see image). WDE on the right shows the Agent is Ready for voice. Pulse on the left shows the original 'Current Status' field where the Agent is 'Not Ready'. The new field 'My Current Status' shows the Agent as 'Ready'.

In this case, an Agent is only allowed to accept one interaction at a time. The formula that I used to do this sets a priority on the state of each channel so that the displayed Icon follows the activity of the Agent. The order of priority is in the  'status' array (this can be adjusted as needed). Anyway, here is the javascript I created for this:

var status = ['CallInbound','CallOutbound','CallConsult','AfterCallWork','WaitForNextCall','NotReadyForNextCall'];
    var statValue = new Array(); statValue[0] = status.indexOf(G.GetAgentVoiceStatus(Data.Current_Status.Value)); statValue[1] = status.indexOf(G.GetAgentNonVoiceStatus(Data.Current_Status.Value, 'chat')); statValue[2] = status.indexOf(G.GetAgentNonVoiceStatus(Data.Current_Status.Value, 'email')); statValue.sort(function(a, b){return a - b}); Result = status[statValue[0]];

Nelson Boychuk
    Tykans Group Inc

• 5.  RE: Aligning Pulse Status with WDE Status

Posted 01-07-2019 16:50
    ​Nelson,
    What do you think about including the names of the channels that the agent is ready for? you can also have a 'NotReady' status if they are not ready for any channel.

Consider fetching all the channel statuses, then building an array of channel names where they are ready, then putting the comma delimited list of ready channels in the My status column.

var v_stat = G.GetAgentVoiceStatus(Data.Current_Status.Value);
     var c_stat = G.GetAgentNonVoiceStatus(Data.Current_Status.Value, 'chat');
     var e_stat = G.GetAgentNonVoiceStatus(Data.Current_Status.Value, 'email');
     var stat = []; //declare an array

if(v_stat == 'WaitForNextCall'){
       stat.push('voice');
     }
     if(c_stat == 'WaitForNextCall'){
      stat.push('email');
     }
     if(e_stat == ('WaitForNextCall') {
      stat.push('chat');
     }
     if(stat.length == 0){
      return 'NotReady';
     }else{
      return stat.toString();
     }

Since you are examining each channel in its own variable, you can change the name of the ready status to fit that channel. I am not sure what status the email and chat channels will have when the agent is ready, so I used 'WaitforNextCall'.

If the array only has one element, it will be displayed with no commas. If more than one, the commas will appear between values.
    Food for thought.

Todd McCall
    Bank of America

• 6.  RE: Aligning Pulse Status with WDE Status

Posted 01-08-2019 10:30
    Thank you Todd.

I tried your suggestion as a new custom statistic and will present that to my business stakeholders. I will have to modify it slightly so that it takes into account inbound calls, outbound calls, after call work, etc. It's nice to have options.

Nelson Boychuk
    Tykans Group Inc

• 7.  RE: Aligning Pulse Status with WDE Status

Posted 02-07-2019 03:52
    You could just show the status per channel in Pulse which is an easier fix. (ExtendedCurrentStatusReasons)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources