Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Genesys Widget Chat customization

Posted 09-20-2018 17:50
    Hello everybody

We are working in an enhancement to let the user change the email that was put in the registration form which will get the email transcript, once the chat ends, this will work after the chat session has started.

We have already customized the form. but now we are stuck in how to send the data to the server so it could get updated, Could you please suggest a way to do this?

We have our customization made in C#.

Regards.

------------------------------
    Aldo Castillo Aguirre
    Kaplan University

• 2.  RE: Genesys Widget Chat customization

GENESYS
    Posted 09-21-2018 11:34
    I'm not sure I quite follow your question.  It sounds like you want to update the email address after the chat has started so that the transcript email could be mailed to a different email address than what they entered on the pre-chat survey.  If that is correct, then I'd say that you'll need to access the WebChatService widget and use the updateUserData API (https://docs.genesys.com/Documentation/GWC/latest/WidgetsAPI/WebChatServiceCommands).  If you look at the Interaction Server log file you'll be able to see the user data key name where the email is stored.  You should be able to change that value.

Jim Crespino
    Director, Developer Enablement
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 3.  RE: Genesys Widget Chat customization

Posted 09-21-2018 15:09
    Thanks for reply Jim,

Yes, that's exactly what we need to do, I will use that command to see if we are able to get this working, I'll update this thread with our results.

Regards.

Aldo Castillo Aguirre
    Kaplan University

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources