Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Contact PSDK - InsertInteraction of Custom Media Type

Posted 12-04-2018 08:17
    Hi everyone,

My customer want's to register in a contact's history browsing information like the fact that the contact browsed throught the customer site, so that the agent can view this information in contact history in WDE.

Their ideia is to register a new interaction in UCS registering this event, through a PSDK webservice designed to use InsertInteractionRequest.
    This is not a very "clean" method and I think we should avoid it if possible.

Does anyone knows of a better way to achieve this?

If not, is it possible to insert an interaction of a custom Media Type? Instead of creating an email, chat, co-browse or phone interaction?

Thank you for your time!

Kind regards,
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Pedro Antunes
    xseed-Consultoria e Sistemas

• 2.  RE: Contact PSDK - InsertInteraction of Custom Media Type

Posted 12-05-2018 21:17
    Hi Pedro,

I can see a few options inside the Genesys ecosystem:
    • Genesys Web Engagement is specifically designed to do this, coming with a WDE plugin.  GWE Docs  I think this may be overkill for your use case though as it's real value is managing the engagement, rather than just tracking it.  Also, this product will eventually be replaced by Altocloud as I understand it.
    • GMS/Context Services I think is probably the best option for your use case for tracking the customer journey.  You create a CS Service for each browsing session, each page visit is a state inside the the service, via a rest api, so much easier to instrument on the web client side.  A sample WDE plugin is provided
    • Finally, you could create an interaction as requested, but I'd recommend you consider implementing it via the GMS Openmedia API.  Creating a new interaction for every page visit feels like a very heavy way to do things when you have CS as an option.

Regards,
    Jason

Jason Mclennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 3.  RE: Contact PSDK - InsertInteraction of Custom Media Type

Posted 12-27-2018 06:32
    Hi Jason,

thanks for your reply. I'll look into it.

Happy Holidays!

Pedro.

Pedro Antunes
    xseed-Consultoria e Sistemas

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources