Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

• 1.  Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 07-12-2018 15:32
    I am trying to enable Disposition Codes for Outbound Dialing (OCS) and have a requirement to serve up a different set of Disposition Codes to the agent based on which campaign the call they received originated from.  The ultimate goal is to limit the agent from seeing and applying non-applicable codes based on the purpose of the campaign. Seems this should be straight forward, but I have yet to identify a workable solution for agents that belong to multiple campaigns.  Any suggestions or feedback?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 07-12-2018 16:12
    What client are the agents using? GAD, WDE, Custom? This is generally handled by the client and thus will determine what your options are. I'm not sure if the later newer versions of Genesys Agent side tools have this capability built in but this is something that we would have to custom build at our location.

• 3.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound
    Best Answer

Posted 07-13-2018 01:59
    Edited by Jason McLennan 09-12-2018 23:43
    Assuming your using IWS/WDE:
    • The below assumes you have left the interaction.override-option-key for IWS/WDE at it's default value of IW_OverrideOptions and the

user_data_section_name option for OCS has a value of userdatalist

• Create your separate Business Attributes objects for each campaign as required.  In the below example, we're using a Business Attribute Named Camp A Outbound Dispositions
    • Create one or more Transaction List that references your WDE Disposition Business Atttribute and any other interaction-workspace options you'd like to override, maybe something like this, lets call it WDE_Camp_A_Dispositions:

[interaction-workspace]
    interaction.disposition.is-mandatory=true
    interaction.disposition.is-read-only-on-idle=false
    interaction.disposition.key-name=CALL_OUTCOME
    interaction.disposition.use-attached-data=false
    interaction.disposition.use-connection-id=true
    interaction.disposition.value-business-attribute=Camp A Outbound Dispositions

• In the annex of the Campaign or CallingList, in the userdatalist section, create an option called IW_OverrideOptions option to a value of the name of Transaction List you've created (ie. WDE_Camp_A_Dispositions)

The presence of the IW_OverrideOptions KVP wil override the agents default configuration.

------------------------------
    Jason McLennan
    Commonwealth Bank of Australia

• 4.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

GENESYS
    Posted 07-13-2018 07:49
    Assuming that you are using WDE, dispositions are handled through Business Attributes and configuration options. I recommend the following documentation:

Documentation:IW:Dep:EnableDispo:8.5.1 - Genesys Documentation
    Documentation:IW:Dep:InteractionOptions:8.5.1 - Genesys Documentation

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 5.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 07-13-2018 16:18
    Thank you folks for responding.  So to be frank - I went down this path before and perhaps its being fairly new to Genesys Platform, I might be looking at this wrong and new clarification around the use of the transaction list.

I created a new Business Attribute (OCSDispositionCodes) as an "Interaction Operational Parameter" and was adding the dispositions to the Attributes Value tab (which I assumed was the transaction list - am I misinterpreting where the transaction list is supposed to be configured)?    This works for a single list when I set the interaction.disposition.value-business-attribute option under WDE to OCSDispositionCodes.  When trying to leverage the override by assigning IW_OverrideOptions = 'OCSDispositionCodes2' in the calling list, I never see the new list display, but I do see the value show in the OCS logs with the call record.  

Am I missing something to this setup?

To clarify I am use WDE (Thank you).

• 6.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 07-13-2018 16:43
    ... and as I typed that out it dawned on me what I was missing.  The transaction list is a transactions table defined as a list and is overriding the workspace options themselves (allowing me to hijack the BA List used).  Thank you again!

• 7.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2018 08:36
    Hi Steve,

You might find it quicker to resolve this issue by contacting your Genesys Customer Care representative. They have the expertise to evaluate your environment and help you troubleshoot your configuration. I'm wary of making a recommendation without knowing the details of your environment.

Matthew West
    Staff Technical Writer
    Genesys Laboratories

• 8.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 09-12-2018 04:44
    Hi Jason,

If we use IWS, what changes we need to do or check.
    Please let us know on this.
    thank you!

Koli Sandeep Kumar

• 9.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 09-13-2018 00:29
    Unless your using a very very old version of IWS, functionlity should be the same as WDE.  I've updated teh original answer a little to hopefully clarify a few things, but if there's any questions, feel free to post them.

Jason Mclennan

• 10.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 09-14-2018 03:52
    Thank you Jason!
    We will check on this. thanks Again!

Koli Sandeep Kumar

• 11.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 09-14-2018 06:04
    Hi Jason,

Can you please help on this as  we are using interaction workspace 8.1  is this still the same?

I have created the outbound wrapcodes  list   Wrapcode_BMW_VOUT we are just unsure how to link them to the agents.

Thank you!

Koli Sandeep Kumar

• 12.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 09-16-2018 18:44
    So the thing is you need to link this to your campaign, not your agent.

1. Check the application configuraiton matches the below:
      1. The below assumes you have left the interaction.override-option-key for IWS/WDE at it's default value of IW_OverrideOptions 
      2. the user_data_section_name option for OCS has a value of userdatalist
    2. Create a transaction list object, that will reference your new Business Attribute object containing your disposition codes.  I'm going to call it list_iws_override_BMW_VOUT. It should contain the following option as a minimum (which is the reference to the dispositon list:
      [interaction-workspace]
      interaction.disposition.value-business-attribute=Wrapcode_BMW_VOUT
    3. Now we need to configure the campaign object with a reference to the transaction list we created in the above step.  I normally recommend configuring this on the calling list as it gives you the most flexibility.  So on the annex of your calling list add the following:
      [userdatalist]
      IW_OverrideOptions=list_iws_override_BMW_VOUT

What should happen now is:
    • OCS will attach the KVP IW_OverrideOptions=list_iws_override_BMW_VOUT to any calls made from this list.
    • IWS will interpret this KVP when the call arrives and read the list_iws_override_BMW_VOUT transaction list for the override options.
    • IWS will use the disposition override and read the Wrapcode_BMW_VOUT Business Attribute values and present those to the agent.
    Good luck

Jason Mclennan

• 13.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 09-19-2018 06:55
      |   view attached

hi Jason,

Can you help with the below. thank you very much for the feedback...kindly help on this.

I have got as far as this step below  what do you need enter in the calling list ?  I have add the annex tab as indicated.

1. Now we need to configure the campaign object with a reference to the transaction list we created in the above step.  I normally recommend configuring this on the calling list as it gives you the most flexibility.  So on the annex of your calling list add the following:

[userdatalist]

IW_OverrideOptions=list_iws_override_BMW_VOUT

Koli Sandeep Kumar

Attachment(s)

docx
    Outbound issue.docx   48 KB 1 version

• 14.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 09-21-2018 05:57
      |   view attached
    Hi Jason,

Can you please help on this request.

Thank you!

Koli Sandeep Kumar

Attachment(s)

docx

• 15.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 10-01-2018 15:50
      |   view attached
    Hi Jason,

can you help with this, please.
    Thank you!

Koli Sandeep Kumar

Attachment(s)

docx

• 16.  RE: Dynamic Disposition Codes for Outbound

Posted 10-02-2018 02:28
    Hi,

Looks like you've configured this on the Campaign, as opposed to Calling List.  This is fine.  You can configure it on one of multiple objects, with Calling List taking priority (see here for the objects where it can be configured.)
    Given you've done it on the campaign, you dont need to do anything for the calling list.
    Is it not working for you?

Regards,

Jason Mclennan

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources