Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Pulse cleanuptool.ini best practices

Posted 03-26-2019 11:12

Are there any recommendations for configuring the configuration file for this utility?  Are the default settings reasonable?

We're running the tool via a scheduled task but ran into an issue with the pulse collector output files filling up the drive on the host recently so am wondering if this file is not optimally configured.  It is not currently using the default settings from the sample file (Genesys PS deployed this) and I was curious if using the default settings would impact Pulse.

The settings in the current file are as follows:

[general]
    active-intervals=1
    measure=minutes

[intervals]
    1=0-1440

Thanks for any input.

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Kenny Snyder
    SAS INSTITUTE INC.

• 2.  RE: Pulse cleanuptool.ini best practices

Posted 03-27-2019 11:43
    Hi Kenny,

I see that you have configured to clean up files that are 24 hours or older from your output folder, there is no problem with your config options as I see, please check when was the last time your cleanup task to run cleanuptool.exe was executed. If it has run as expected and still your disk space is being filled up you have to consider increasing your drive space or set different intervals of clean up, as all your files left in output folder would be under 24 hours if the clean up is successful you need to reconsider this option.
    These are different options you can try.

[general]
    active-intervals=1,2,3
    measure=minutes
    [intervals]
    1=A0-16:1
    2=A16-60:5
    3=A60-1440:20

Thanks

Sai Kiran Mutyala
    State of Wisconsin

• 3.  RE: Pulse cleanuptool.ini best practices

Posted 04-09-2019 14:35
    Thanks for the information.   It turns out the issue wasn't the configuration at all but rather the memory was so maxed on the host due to a dbserver process going crazy.  Once I identified and fixed that issue the scheduled task runs and completes as expected and does its job.

Kenny Snyder
    SAS INSTITUTE INC.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources