Genesys Engage on-premises

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Logfile analysis

Posted 02-05-2019 08:06
    Edited by Marek Balluch 02-05-2019 08:13
    Hello everyone,

first of all I'd like to ask the community, if there's someone among you(us), who is familiar with the t-server logfile analysis tool Kazimir (last updated maybe up to ten years ago, and made by one Sergey from Genesys Lab).

I'd love to have some options available for a possible upgrade of the tool to meet today's SIP-server logfiles. I'm sorry to say that the tool from Genesys itself (SIP Log Visualizer) is severely lacking in my operating environment, Kazimir was the absolute ideal with the old T-Server architecture.

------------------------------
    Marek Balluch

• 2.  RE: Logfile analysis

Posted 02-05-2019 08:26
    Hi Marek,

Kazimir works with SIP server logs also. This is because sip server continues to use t - lib events. We still use this tool to troubleshoot with SIP server currently. It does not, however, show sip messages. I believe that is what the analyzer tool would help with.

Daniel

• 3.  RE: Logfile analysis

Posted 02-05-2019 08:36
    Edited by Marek Balluch 02-05-2019 08:44
    Hello Daniel, that is true, Kazimir does show the T-Lib part of the SIPServerLogs, but I miss the SIP messages. When I try to open four 50MB logfiles using the SIP Log Visualizer, opening them on a 8GB RAM workstation with a Java heap size of max 2GB, takes about a minute, looking for a particular ConnID takes also about a minute, and then getting the tool to mark that ConnID only and scrolling through the filtered messages takes a few minutes on top of that, in overall waiting for the program to respond. And, the call flow view itself is very difficult to read, very cluttered. Kazimir by comparison is very clean cut, and responds in a snap :)

edit: clicking on Show this call only doesn't even filter out unrelated messages, there's tons of messages related to other ConnIDs left over.

Marek

Marek Balluch
    T-Mobil Czech Republic

• 4.  RE: Logfile analysis
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 02-05-2019 08:47
    Hi Marek,

Have you tried using SIPSpan2?

SIPSpan2 is a set of Java files that were embedded in Notepad++ as macros. You can find this application for download in the Genesys Technical Support Website, in the Download area.

With SIPSpan you will be able to load larger files, and you will be able to track both T-Lib and SIP messages. It will also allow you to search by DN, ConnID, time of the call...

It doesn't have a fancy interface as Kazimir (in reality, SIPSpan doesn't even have an interface: its interface is Notepad++ which was integrated with the SIPSpan's Java files), but it works nicely, since it compiles all your SIP Server log files into a .db file that can be parsed from within the embedded Notepad++ instance that comes together with SIPSpan. If you haven't tried it, I definitely encourage you to do so,

Kazimir is not officially supported by Genesys, which means that only the developer that built it would (maybe) give any support on this...

Hope that helps,

Rafael Marciano

• 5.  RE: Logfile analysis

Posted 02-05-2019 08:53

Hello Rafael, many thanks for the tip, I'll look it up and try it out. Notepad++ is another tool that is very widely used in our company, it's more than enough for analyzing URS logfiles.

About the developer of Kazimir, I've even tried to contact him on his mail address that is in the About dialog of Kazimir, sadly there was no response, though the address apparently does exist, as it didn't respond with a delivery failure.

About the SIP log tool, is there any official way to ask for support or report my above findings as a kind of bug? My initiative here is purely personal, so I wouldn't want to surprise my boss with a support invoice from Genesys :)
    Thanks

Marek

• 6.  RE: Logfile analysis

GENESYS
    Posted 02-05-2019 22:05
    Hi Mark,

Have a look at the new workbench from Genesys Care.
    It includes the successor to Kazimir.

cheers
    Andrew

Andrew Soroka
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Logfile analysis

Posted 02-06-2019 02:48
    Hello Andrew and thanks for your reply :)

I've asked our devs to look into the Work​bench software, but it would help me if I pointed them into a specific direction, in what form is the successor included? Is it some extra installer/package, separate from the main thing? (Like SIPSpan2, that's included in the SIPServer 8.1 install CD, but separate, this I got from our devs already)
    Thanks again :)

Marek

• 8.  RE: Logfile analysis

GENESYS
    Posted 02-08-2019 09:43
    Hi Marek,

Detail of Workbench 8.5 Log Analysis can be found in the Workbench User Guide Page 83.

Note:

Workbench 8.5 Log Analysis relies on integration from Workbench to the LFMT solution.

In essence, Workbench 8.5 will regularly parse the LFMT collected and stored log files for errors, if errors are present, they will appear as an event(s) in the Workbench Dashboard - if the User clicks the log error event(s), a new Workbench Browser tab will open titled "Genesys Intelligent Log Analyzer", from there, analysis of the log file can be performed.

In reality, the Workbench 8.5 Log Analysis is limited and there are plans to enhance in future releases of Workbench later this year and beyond.

Regards,
    Mike.

Mike
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Logfile analysis

Posted 02-08-2019 09:50
    ​Hello Mike, thanks for your tip as well, I'll forward your info to our devs, we'll take a closer look at this too :)

Marek

Marek

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources