Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Dial by extension and forward my calls

Posted 12-07-2017 13:51

Hello

We want to use the extension in the IVR to permit customer to go directly to an agent.

Then we have a digit that goes to a flow with a "dial by extension".

The behaviour expected is that the agent ring and pick up the call, but if the agent is not available we want the call to go back to a queue and not to a voice mail.

We have tried the tool "forward my calls" but it seems to transfert all the calls incoming, so it doesn't suit us.

Do you have any idea to configure what we want :

Dial by extension -> if agent not available -> go to queue

Thanks.

Kind regards.

• 2.  RE: Dial by extension and forward my calls

Posted 12-12-2017 15:14

Hi,

A call to an extension is always looking for a voicemail box (even if Voicemail is disabled).

If you use 'dail by extension' the call has left the flow and you are not able to do something with the call like on no answer etc

• 3.  RE: Dial by extension and forward my calls

Posted 12-12-2017 16:12

I understand.

Here we don't want to permit customer to use a voicebox because of management strategy.

So how to use extensions and manage agents unavailability to avoid a customer to be dropped or redirected on voicebox ??? I think there is no solution for now ?

Thanks for help

• 4.  RE: Dial by extension and forward my calls

GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2019 16:23
    Edited by George Ganahl 07-10-2019 16:53
    How many users are you needing to dial by extension, and how many queues?

Here is what I'm thinking...you can have up to 25 data tables in your organization, with 250 entries per table.

You can set up a table which has the user extensions in the Reference Key column and, say, the user name (or really any unique value you want) in another column (say, Skill).

Create a unique ACD Skill for each user which matches the entry for that same user's entry in the data table. So, one skill matching each user, which is matched with the user's extension in the table.

When a customer calls, use a Task to prompt for the extension they want. Use their entry to search the data table with a Data Table Lookup action. Used the returned value to set the skill on the Transfer to ACD action (probably have to use an Update Data action with the FindSkill() function to convert the returned string to a skill data type variable). If it doesn't find a value in the table, play a prompt saying it isn't a valid extension and loop around to try again. Give them three tries, then break out and just transfer to the queue.

The queue needs to be set up as Bullseye and All Skills Matching so that the agent (who is the only one with the proper skill) will get the call if available. Put all the agents into Ring 1, since only one agent will actually match the skill requirement.

Set up the queue to go to Ring 2 after however many seconds you think acceptable. Say, 15 seconds. Here's where it gets fun...Strip all the agent-specific skills when it exits Ring 1. I can't remember how many entries you can strip per ring...you may have to go through several rings if you have a lot of names. It's a lot of typing to find all the skills since you won't just see all of them in a list, but have to rely on auto-complete to find the names. Hopefully you don't have a ton of agents.

Anyway, that's the only idea I can come up with...pretty kludgy, but it might accomplish what you are looking for. I haven't set it all up and tried it.

------------------------------
    George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys
    ------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources