Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

A call flow assigns a required skill. Skilled agent answers the call. Call needs to be transferred. It appears the original skill req stays with the call. Is there a way to remove the skill requirement once the original interaction begins?

• 1.  A call flow assigns a required skill. Skilled agent answers the call. Call needs to be transferred. It appears the original skill req stays with the call. Is there a way to remove the skill requirement once the original interaction begins?

Posted 11-03-2017 20:38

• 2.  RE: A call flow assigns a required skill. Skilled agent answers the call. Call needs to be transferred. It appears the original skill req stays with the call. Is there a way to remove the skill requirement once the original interaction begins?

Posted 11-21-2017 20:08

Hi Scott,

I have a workaround that's a little clunky.

1) Create & publish a secure call flow that will transfer the call to the queue without the skill.

2) Create a script. Add a button that will invoke the secure flow created in step 1. Publish the script.

3) Go to your inbound call flow. Add a set screen pop action prior to the transfer to ACD action. Select the script created in step 2. Publish the flow.

Now when the skilled agent gets the call, if they want to send the call back to queue without the skill, they can click on the button. If they want to keep the skill they can transfer the call the way they originally did.

• 3.  RE: A call flow assigns a required skill. Skilled agent answers the call. Call needs to be transferred. It appears the original skill req stays with the call. Is there a way to remove the skill requirement once the original interaction begins?

Posted 01-09-2019 16:23
    Hi @Melissa Bailey ​, has there been any other types of development on this? I am getting ready to spin this workaround to my client but was curious, before I do, if there have been any other processes implemented. I have researched and did not see that there was a way to remove a skill on a transfer.

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: A call flow assigns a required skill. Skilled agent answers the call. Call needs to be transferred. It appears the original skill req stays with the call. Is there a way to remove the skill requirement once the original interaction begins?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-09-2019 17:47

There's an idea for it but it's not on our roadmap.  Add your vote: https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-166

I did find out that the skills are not carried over if the agent does a consult transfer.  If you need a blind transfer, use the workaround.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: A call flow assigns a required skill. Skilled agent answers the call. Call needs to be transferred. It appears the original skill req stays with the call. Is there a way to remove the skill requirement once the original interaction begins?

Posted 11-21-2017 20:25

A little clunky? :)

If a call with skill settings is answered by an agent then drop the skill settings in any further action by the agent. A transfer is an user / human initiated action so no need to keep the skill settings...

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources