Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

• 1.  IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 08-02-2017 11:02

Hi everyone.

We have a question related to IVR schedule configurations and how IVR flow will work between open hours and closed hours.

In open hours, our IVR has two kind of options:

• “Information”, where the customer can consult information through various levels of the IVR tree.
    • “Talk to the Agent”, where the customer is routed to a queue/agent.

In closed hours there’s only the “Information” option (there’s no agents to answer the calls).

Furthermore, it’s always possible to return to previous option/menu.

Our question:

If a customer enters on IVR on open hours, near to closed hours, and only use the “Information” options, how will the IVR flow work if the customer stays long enough to enter on closed hours?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Ana Laia

• 2.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 08-02-2017 12:04

Good question, also interested in the answer

You can always add a Decision before the transfer to check the exact time, if within open hours then continue the flow. But you can't check it against the schedule...it's a check on time by input in the expression of the Decision.

• 3.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 08-02-2017 19:08

It will execute the open hours call flow, unless you do what Rogier suggested above. We have a planned enhancement to allow you to check scheduled directly from within architect as you are designing flows.

• 4.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 10-18-2017 09:26

Hi everyone.

Thank you for your answers.

My problem is that I don’t know all "Closed Hours Schedules" on the moment that I’m designing the "Open Hours" flow. So, even if I put a “Decision” before the transfer, I can be missing some "Closed Hour Schedules" and transfer to the agent wrongly.

@Lucie DeCristofaro?  can you tell me:

1) If this enhancement will allow me to know the current schedule?

If so, can I make “Decisions” based on the current schedule? As for instance: on my "Open Hours" Flow, check the current schedule and on the “Decision” transfer only to the agent if the current schedule is “Open Hours”?

2) When will this enhancement be available?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Ana Laia

• 5.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 10-25-2017 23:58

Hello Ana,

Could you help me understand how you'd ideally have this working? In your example, would you have both closed hours flow and an open hours flow? Or would you ideally have a single flow and then within the flow, you'd make decision based on the open hours and closed hours and route appropriately?

The enhancement I was mentioning would allow you to define a single call flow and from there make decisions based on open/closed/holiday/emergency. It would be pretty much identical to what we have for emails today: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/create-email-flow-open-closed-schedules/

We are working on adding holiday and emergency options right now and expect delivery before the end of the year for both voice and email. That said, for email the schedules are checked from within email flows the way the example shows, but for voice the setup is a bit different for now. We are hoping to deliver the ability to check schedules from within call flows next year, first via an API and then later similar to how you'd configure the email flows.

• 6.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 10-26-2017 10:51

Hi Lucie,

Thank you for your answer.

My initial idea was to make an IVR configuration with a “Schedule Group”, an “Open Hours” Flow and an “Closed Hours” Flow. As presented:

With this configuration, if a new schedule was needed I was able to add it on the corresponded “Schedule Group”.

For instance, if in the future there’s a specific day in which the center is closed all day (on my example “New Closed Day”), I was able to add this day on “Exclusions” and on this day all calls would be routed to “Closed Hours” flow.

But then I realized that I will have a problem with the calls that enter on “Open Hours” and that stay long enough to enter on “Closed Hours” schedule. As you said, these calls will stay on “Open Hours” flow.

The suggested solution was to put a “Decision” on the flow and check it against time, which does not cover new schedule configurations.

With this, I think the solution might be to configure a single flow and make decisions based on schedules.

However, from what I understood this will only be available for next year….

Can you help me to find another solution?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Ana Laia

• 7.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 10-26-2017 13:05

Thanks! Yep, that makes sense. This is possible to do, it just isn't nearly as easy as it could be so we are planning on making it easier.

One option is to modify and republish the call flow anytime you change the closed hours.

Another option would be to create a custom data action to call out to an external system which would analyze the closed hours set in admin and appropriately determine whether the hours are closed. This would require custom work on your end.

• 8.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 10-30-2017 10:02

Hi Lucie,

Thank you for your answer, I’ll explore it.

If you have any news regarding this enhancement for make decisions based on open/closed/holiday/emergency please tell me. (release date, available documentation…)

Best regards,

Ana Laia

• 9.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 01-08-2019 12:27
    Any word on when this enhancement is scheduled?

------------------------------
    Tanner Albus
    Realpage, Inc.

• 10.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

GENESYS
    Posted 01-08-2019 14:47
    @Rebecca Owens? ​

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 11.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

GENESYS
    Posted 01-08-2019 14:59
    Hi,

We are at the very final testing stages for this enhancement and expect it to go live in the next couple of weeks.

Rebecca

Rebecca Owens
    PureCloud Self-Service Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 09-09-2019 17:03
    Is this enhancement live? If it is, I could not locate it in Architect (so please help me with instructions how to use it), if not, is a go-live date available? I was also checking APIs but there is not a simple API to return open/closed. Rather than that, the one I found returns schedule content and it is up to me to do the time comparisons and figure it out. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Zoran Duma
    Star Telecom

• 13.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

GENESYS
    Posted 09-10-2019 10:44

Hi Zoran,

Do you want to check schedules in Architect Call Flows? If so that feature is in progress and we expect to go live in Q4 2019.

Rebecca

Rebecca Owens
    PureCloud Self-Service Product Manager
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: IVR Configurations - Open Hours/Closed Hours

Posted 09-10-2019 12:55
    Hi Rebecca, 
    Yes, we have a client with a number of call flows and decisions based on schedules are made deep in the flow. And there are multiple schedules per single call flow, based on the line of business, so the current functionality is a limiting factor. 
    Zoran

Zoran Duma
    Star Telecom

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources