Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Using Outbound Flow with an Answering Machine Call Analysis

Posted 03-31-2017 01:33

I want to use an Outbound Flow to play a recorded message when Call Analysis detects an Answering Machine.

My testing has made this work by using an estimate of blank audio before playing the message, but this is only effective if the voicemail greeting is relatively short.

Is there any way that Purecloud can detect when to play the recorded message by listening for the voicemail beep, rather than starting the flow as soon as the Machine Call Analysis is detected?

• 2.  RE: Using Outbound Flow with an Answering Machine Call Analysis

GENESYS
    Posted 04-04-2017 19:43

Hi Katy.  Unfortunately we do not have that feature today.  It is on our roadmap though, so it is coming.

• 3.  RE: Using Outbound Flow with an Answering Machine Call Analysis

GENESYS
    Posted 04-04-2017 20:42

Katy, as Adam mentions above, this is a feature request that is in our backlog of future enhancements.  In the meantime, the workaround we've been suggesting is to record a message that begins with an introductory repeating message asking the customer to hold for an upcoming message that lasts for a few seconds followed by the actual message and even possibly repeating that message a 2nd time.  That way, even if the beep or greeting blocks some of the beginning, the message itself can still be heard.  Something like this...

"Please wait for an important message...please wait for an important message...Hello, this message is for Chad McCormick from Canyon Point Dental.  We are calling to remind you of an appointment on 4/12 at 3:30pm.  Please call us if you need to reschedule...Again, this message is for Chad McCormick from Canyon Point Dental.  We are calling to remind you of an appointment on 4/12 at 3:30pm.  Please call us if you need to reschedule.  Thank you, goodbye"

Hope this helps in some way!

• 4.  RE: Using Outbound Flow with an Answering Machine Call Analysis

Posted 01-24-2018 07:10

Hi Adam - Any idea on when this feature might be available?

• 5.  RE: Using Outbound Flow with an Answering Machine Call Analysis

Posted 01-24-2018 15:39

Hello Kleid,

This will likely be accomplished by our Edge dev team. I'm not sure where this currently falls in their priority list but I'll check. In the meantime, some of our customers have found success by using speech recognition in the Architect flow to essentially "wait" for speech to end and then play the .wav file. These customers tell me that it's successful in about 85% of answering machine greetings.

• 6.  RE: Using Outbound Flow with an Answering Machine Call Analysis

Posted 10-15-2018 19:32
    @Chad McCormick,
    Has this functionality been implemented yet in the Edge? Your last post was in January 2018.​

------------------------------
    Greg Beal
    ConvergeOne

• 7.  RE: Using Outbound Flow with an Answering Machine Call Analysis

GENESYS
    Posted 10-15-2018 20:03

Hi Greg,

The project has not yet been prioritized in a program increment but it can be tracked here:

https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-487

Copying our Edge PM, @Alan Lanteigne​ , for any additional comments.

Chad McCormick
    Genesys - Employees
    Sr. Product Manager

• 8.  RE: Using Outbound Flow with an Answering Machine Call Analysis

Posted 10-16-2018 10:29
    I would just like to state that we would like to see this developed as well. Until we started to recently playback Interactions from outbound flows, we were not aware this was happening.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources