View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Changing an Agents Status

Ronnel Cuizon

Ronnel Cuizon06-12-2019 13:25

• 1.  Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-12-2017 23:19

Can an administrator change an agents status.  If an agent sets their status to Away, but forgets to log out of My PureCloud and goes home, can an administrator either change their status or log them out of My PureCloud?

• 2.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

GENESYS
    Posted 03-13-2017 19:00

Hi Joanne,

I just asked around and unfortunately admins are not able to change an agent's status currently. 

Thank you for the idea!

Clay

• 3.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-13-2017 22:31

This is also causing something we would like in our contact centre. With only 20 phone staff, the moment someone leaves themselves on wrap up it significantly blows out our daily AHT results. We need to be able to change an agent status, or force log out to prevent this.

• 4.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-13-2017 23:03

I have seen a way to force an agent out, so it is possible to log them out i just cant for the life of me find where i came across it again. Sorry thats kinda no help i know.... 

• 5.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-14-2017 13:01

Heather,

For dialer campaigns, it is possible to wrap up calls that an agent has not completed.  Here is the Resource Center document that outlines doing this.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/wrap-calls-campaign-details-view/

Thank you,

Chad

• 6.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-14-2017 23:55

We are inbound only, but Ill check it out.

Thanks for the info.

• 7.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

GENESYS
    Posted 03-16-2017 15:33

Not sure if this will help but take a look at this article in the Resource Center:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/manage-agents-in-a-management-unit/

Regards,

Kathy Brown

• 8.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-23-2017 00:46

We run a 40 seat inbound/outbound call center and also have this issue. The only workaround I was able to come up with was if an agent has left for the day was to reset the password and access the account and log them out correctly then notify them that they followed the wrong procedure and their password was reset. It is terribly frustrating and long winded process but until Administrators have status and on-queue rights to change a user then its all I can do.

• 9.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-23-2017 00:54

Ok i think i remember where i found a way to sort this, go Performance > Agents > select the appropriate agent > select the Activate Queues button > force them out of the queue. it to logs them out of all the queues and it stops any extra AHT or ACW ticking along if the agent logs out incorrectly. 

• 10.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-23-2017 01:16

While great ideas, unfortunately these don't solve our issue. With changing a password we are in breach of a company IT security policy. With removing from the queue this still leaves the agent technically logged in, and means we need an admin available to add the agent back to queues when they are next in -  risk to miss this is high.

• 11.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-23-2017 03:31

@Heather Walton agents will activate themselves back into the queue when they return to work the next day. Admin don't need to do this so the risk is nil this way, there is a tutorial video on the resource center under contact center agents called "Select a queue and go on queue" that shows how an agent can check and join a queue. While they are logged in they are not in any queue and not affecting ACW etc. 

A 3rd option is deactivating the agent entirely and reactivating them at a later time or the next shift and this would require a supervisor or admin. its only a few clicks but fully logs them out if status time is a KPI. 

• 12.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 03-23-2017 04:27

As an Admin you can log in, go to Telephony, click on Phone Management, double click on a phone name (ex. Station 3), it will display the name of the agent, and you can proceed to log them out from there.  Good luck, it's easy!

• 13.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

GENESYS
    Posted 06-12-2019 13:25
    Edited by Ronnel Cuizon 06-14-2019 10:30

• 14.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 01-31-2018 05:20

Hi, we also have this problem with about 120 phone staffs logged in multiple queues.

@Administrator?  please can you give more details about the procedure to log out an agent? I went to Telephony in the admin space, then clicked on Phone Management and identified the agent I want to kick out. From then, what am I supposed to do? Thank you!

• 15.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 02-02-2018 20:59

@Administrator?  - this logs the user off the phone but does not change their status or log them out of PureCloud.

Is there a way to change an agent's status from "away" and log them out?

• 16.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 08-14-2018 09:02
    Hi all,

I noticed several topics regarding this request.
    I created a new threat for which I'm collecting votes.

-->  PLEASE VOTE: Supervisor/admin should be able to change agent status <--

I will do my best to create a shared ticket on -behalf of more PureCloud users.
    Please have a look at my topic, and do not forget to VOTE!

Admins/supervisors should be able to control an agent status!

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Christian Ropertz
    Dealerdirect B.V.

• 17.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

GENESYS
    Posted 08-14-2018 10:05
    A couple of things:

1. Product Management previously looked at the requests to add the ability for a Supervisor or Admin to change a user's status or log them out, and decided not to do the work. If it gets enough votes again, they will look at it again.

2. I use the API to change agents' statuses. Here is an article that talks about it (concentrate on the setting Presence part, not ACD Routing Status): https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/rest/v2/presence/understanding_presence.html

When I want to take an agent off queue I set the presence to Break (probably ID 227b37e2-f1d0-4dd0-8f50-badd7cf6d158) or Offline (probably ccf3c10a-aa2c-4845-8e8d-f59fa48c58e5). If I want to put someone On Queue I set them to On Queue (probably e08eaf1b-ee47-4fa9-a231-1200e284798f).

I say "probably" for those IDs because they worked in my Org, but I haven't tested them lately in other organizations. You can see the status ID in Chrome or Firefox by opening the Developer Tools (F12) and changing the user's status, then looking for the ID assigned with that new status.

You can use the API Explorer to experiment https://developer.mypurecloud.com/developer-tools/#/api-explorer

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 18.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 08-15-2018 05:42
    Edited by Christian Ropertz 08-15-2018 05:43
    Hi George,

Thank you for your quick response.

I understand that using the API it's possible to change an agent status. However,- we are not talking about admins,- but supervisors. Yes, as an admin we should have all possible rights, but I believe this is supervisors responsibility, not IT.

Asking an supervisor to work with an API, is the same thing as asking an IT Administrator to manage a callcenter.
    Also,- IT is not always present, an supervisor is. 

How much votes do we need before Genesys will have another look for implementing?

Thanks,

Christian

Christian Ropertz
    Dealerdirect B.V.

• 19.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

GENESYS
    Posted 08-15-2018 10:33
    For the API, you would need someone to create a small web app or some such, that Supervisors would use to select a user and change their status. You're correct that you wouldn't want a Supervisor touching the API stuff directly.

Product Management is already taking another look at this.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 20.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

GENESYS
    Posted 12-07-2018 17:03

Happy Friday!

I wanted to draw your attention to the coming soon page (https://help.mypurecloud.com/features-coming-soon/) and announce that this capability is coming soon!  Below is the release note content once the feature is released:

Change agent's status in Queues Activity Detail view
    Contact center supervisors can now change an agent's status, secondary status, and on-queue status in the Queues Activity Detail view when agents forget to change their status during a break or at the end of a shift. This feature prevents interactions from routing to unavailable agents and helps maintain agent schedule adherence. 

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 21.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

GENESYS
    Posted 12-12-2018 09:00
    Edited by Darlene Oordt 12-12-2018 10:10
    I'm happy to announce that this feature shipped today!  For more information please visit:  Change an agent's status - PureCloud Resource Center

NOTE:  We have found that the change status UI isn't always render perfectly for some Windows Users.  It is still usable, but not pretty - a fix is underway.

Thanks for all the feedback & have a happy holiday season!

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees
    -------------------------------------------

• 22.  RE: Changing an Agents Status

Posted 07-05-2019 12:54
    Hello, 
    We received a lot of similar requests from our PureCloud clients and developed our own Advanced Supervisor Application Bundle where you can manually change the status of an agent, among other things.  Feel free to check it out here:  https://www.inflowcomm.com/business-communications-products/contact-center/pure-cloud/advanced-supervisor-application-bundle-genesys-purecloud/

If you would like ore information you can reach out to me directly at jswikard@inflowcommunications.com.  

Jenna Swikard
    Inflow Communications

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources