Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  New access control vs. historical performance data

Posted 03-11-2019 07:31
    During the weekend I configured the new access control in our tenant. Most of our agents, queues and call flows will be in one division. For the rest we have three smaller divisions. I figured out that I could save some time if I leave the larger number of queues etc. to the Home division and create three new divisions for the remaining queues. As part of the process I re-assigned supervisors' roles to cover only the divisions that they are responsible. Finally I removed the Home division rights from the supervisors of these three new divisions.

As a result the supervisors of these new divisions cannot see the historical queue performance data of their queues (that are now in new division). They can only see the data that was captured after the division setup. It seems that the statistics data is also "division aware". Is that the case or did I miss something? I'm planning to fix this by moving the rest of the queues from Home division a new division and by restoring home division access to all supervisors.
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Security
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Juha Niinimaki
    Konecranes Oyj

• 2.  RE: New access control vs. historical performance data

GENESYS
    Posted 03-13-2019 08:10
    Hi Juha --
    Yes that is correct, historical reports and realtime dashboards are division aware.  Your approach to moving the objects from Home to a new division is the best case if you want to give your supervisors in the smaller divisions access to all the historical transactions but don't want the them to have visibility to the new transactions happening in the largest division.  You can do a bulk move of objects from the Division maintenance screens so the move of the objects out of Home into a new division should be easy to accomplish. 

When access control was made available all transactions in the system are associated with the Home division.  For any supervisors you want to continue to see transactions prior to configuring ACLs they will need to continue to have the Home division associated to their roles.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Katie Ritz
    Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources