Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Standard Roles and personal modifications

Posted 10-08-2018 15:24
    It is my understanding, based purely on experience, that if you modify an existing "standard" role in PureCloud (so, an out of the box role), and you add some new permissions to it, then PureCloud does an update on that role later down the road, any permission changes you added will be overwritten. Am I accurate in my assumption?

------------------------------
    Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 2.  RE: Standard Roles and personal modifications

GENESYS
    Posted 10-08-2018 15:38
    Yes, but only if you click the Restore Default Role button for that role.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Standard Roles and personal modifications

Posted 10-08-2018 15:53
    @Melissa Bailey, if I click the restore default role, then it will reset it, which is what I expect would occur, however, we have noticed that if you all (PureCloud) make changes to a role/permission, any items that we have added, additional to that role, get removed. ​Should that not be happening? For instance, our customer added the receive voicemail permission to the Communicate User role (a long time ago), they came in on Monday or Tuesday of last week and that permission had been removed. I was later told that there was a permission update pushed out, but I cannot validate that.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: Standard Roles and personal modifications

GENESYS
    Posted 10-08-2018 17:43
    That was because of a bug on our end that has been fixed. Sorry.  It shouldn't happen again.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Standard Roles and personal modifications

Posted 10-09-2018 12:21
    @Melissa Bailey can you tell me what the bug was, was it an accidental removal of that permission? ​I see that the voicemail permission is supposed to be in the Communicate User role.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 6.  RE: Standard Roles and personal modifications

GENESYS
    Posted 10-09-2018 15:27
    No that was just a side affect.  The bug was around adding a new product to your org.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Standard Roles and personal modifications

Posted 10-10-2018 08:07
    Hi @Melissa Bailey​, can you have the technician update my case with what was added to this org that caused the permission to be removed, and if there is an type or RCA we can receive? I need more to tell my client. Thank you. Case number is 0002380727.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 8.  RE: Standard Roles and personal modifications

GENESYS
    Posted 10-11-2018 16:36
    I don't have access to your case, and I don't know if/when support does RCAs.  You need to continue nagging them, sorry.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources