Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Extract performance metrics

Posted 10-10-2018 20:00
    Hi, while i am aware that there are external parties that focus there business on collecting the metrics out of purecloud.
    Has anyone completed this task by using the API and extracting it to a excel source or likewise tool?

If so do you have any advice into completing such tasks, i find it non user friendly to go back and forth between the Agent/Queue Performance views and exporting the data plus a waste of resources to be collecting this information.

Shame it cant extract like for like, fiddling around with formulas and formats to convert the times is annoying as well.

Any tips or ideas would be incredibly helpful

Cheers

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: Extract performance metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 10-11-2018 09:07
    I'm guessing you have already looked at the eLearning on API basics:

https://training.mypurecloud.com/lesson/analytics-2/

(I link it here for those who may not have seen it)

Also the tutorials on developer.mypurecloud.com:

https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/tutorials.html

We are working on an API instructor-led class with labs which will cover some of the analytics, so I'd like to hear which ones are the most important to you (so I can pass the info along to shape the class Objectives).

Hopefully some of the other folks who have done a lot with the API will pitch in. You might also think about posting in the forum on developer.mypurecloud.com, since they have their own community, as it were, for API developers.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Extract performance metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 10-11-2018 12:15
    The API is definitely an option - we have a lot of customers using that as well as partners that have build solutions using the API.   If you'd like to learn more about the APIs, I'd recommend you start in the developer center: Analytics overview.  There's also some tutorials available as well.  

For the CSV export, I have created a simple macro that you install once in your toolbar in Excel and then each time you open one of the CSV exports you can just highlight each of the columns with durations and it immediately converts them to HH:MM:SS format - Happy to share if you are interested.   

You mentioned messing with the dates, etc between the views - have you tried to do a saved view where you can set what you want the default timeframe, filters, etc to be when you open that saved view?  For instance if you always want to export yesterday's data you could create a saved view with that as the default timeframe and then click the download for the export.  You can have as many different saved views as you want depending on what filters, timeframes you'd like.  

In 2019, we also plan to work on scheduling so that these exports can be scheduled and available within your inbox as well as providing a PDF version of the export for the views.

Hope that helps!

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Extract performance metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2018 21:19
    All - I've created a new post that shows how to quickly install a macro that will make it easy to convert milliseconds to HH:MM:SS.  Enjoy! 

PureCloud - Genesys

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Extract performance metrics

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2018 01:36
    Sweet!

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources