Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  The workgroup activation "enhancement" has caused great problems for one of our customers

Posted 01-07-2019 08:02

The PureCloud customer serves 60+ clients using three channels; voice, mail and chat. When agents are moving from handling, for instance, voice interactions to chat interactions they first have to deactivate themselves on 60 voice queues (using 120 mouse clicks) and get activated on 60 chat queues (120 mouse clicks). This process takes a minimum of 240 mouse clicks to fulfill.

Any chance of having a checkboxes for the queues and so the agents can select 60 queues in one go to deactivate and click then click an "OK"-button in order to simplify the process? This will halve the number of mouse clicks and will only require one page refresh when all 60 queue deactivations have been confirmed. The same will be when the agent performs the activation process on the next 60 queues.

Another nice feature would be to utilize the search for queues as the queue names (at this customer) reflect whether the channel is voice, chat or mail. Searching for all queues starting with "Chat" and then a "Select All" button would actually bring the number of mouse clicks requires to under five to deactivate the agent on the same 60 queues.

Kind regards
    Colin

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #PlatformAdministration
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Colin Padget
    Advania AB

• 2.  RE: The workgroup activation "enhancement" has caused great problems for one of our customers

Posted 01-08-2019 04:14
    ​Hi Colin,

We've had this with PureConnect and we reduced the amount of inbound queue's by combining them and using unique skills per inbound queue instead​ so we had in the end 5 queue's and 120 skills saves a lot clicking.

Ruud Reinold

Telecom Service Manager
    CapQuest Debt Recovery Ltd.
    Seeking new opportunities due to redundancy in January 2019.

• 3.  RE: The workgroup activation "enhancement" has caused great problems for one of our customers

Posted 01-08-2019 06:03
    Hi, Ruud

I see your point, but there is some history with this setup that prevents us from doing what you suggest. The customer moved from CIC to PureCloud in the early days and thus the setup had to be like this. 

Kind regards
    Colin

Colin Padget
    Advania AS

• 4.  RE: The workgroup activation "enhancement" has caused great problems for one of our customers

Posted 01-08-2019 06:19
    Hi Colin,

That reminds me of the customer I'm currently​ work, they were the same (still on PureConnect) and their maintenance was total chaos. I've made continuous updates to stabilise and improve the setup but one of the crazy behaviours I haven't been able to tackle was the thirst for workgroups, left, right and centre for directories, status monitoring, etc.

Their response is (and I bet you get the same thing) 'we have always done it this way' forgetting to utilise the technical advances the product has made over the years.

Ruud​

Ruud Reinold

Telecom Service Manager
    CapQuest Debt Recovery Ltd.
    Seeking new opportunities due to redundancy end of January 2019.

• 5.  RE: The workgroup activation "enhancement" has caused great problems for one of our customers
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 01-08-2019 08:58
    It's not super obvious with the toast pop-up notifications asking you to refresh, but you do not need to reload the page after every Activate or Deactivate selection. You can click Activate or Deactivate for as many queues as you want, then refresh when you finish to see the updated lists. So if you deactivate 60 queues, you can click Deactivate for each of them, then refresh (61 clicks). Then if you activate 60 more queues, you can refresh after clicking Activate for all of them (61 more clicks). I believe that would be the same number of clicks as before the update. I agree that a select all feature would still be nice, especially with search.

Jordan Robinson-Rucker
    PureCloud Technical Writer
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: The workgroup activation "enhancement" has caused great problems for one of our customers

GENESYS
    Posted 01-11-2019 10:30
    There is a new My Performance view coming soon (hopefully within a few weeks if all goes well) which allows an agent to use checkboxes to activate/deactivate on queues by clicking an icon top right. No Select All capability, but they will be able to do it all in one place without refreshes and such.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources