Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Caller ID showing US instead of Canada

Posted 01-02-2019 14:22
    Hello All,

When our agents call out on behalf of queue it shows up on Caller ID as US instead of Canada. On the queue settings, we switch the flag to Canada and save it with the 844 number in there. When we go back into the queue settings it is back on the US flag. How can we get it to stay as Canada and have our Caller ID show up as Canada? When we use a local Canadian number the flag stays Canadian! We have premise based Edge Servers and our own SIP trunk provider. Thanks for the help!
    Ontcm04sSDCAecTliVeq_purecloud_config1.png

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Wayne Miller
    Packet Fusion, Inc.
    817-403-7844

• 2.  RE: Caller ID showing US instead of Canada

Posted 01-02-2019 16:01
    We have the same issue and have had a ticket open for several weeks without resolution.

Scott Schleisman
    Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC

• 3.  RE: Caller ID showing US instead of Canada

Posted 01-03-2019 13:18
    Have you checked your Trunk settings and set Address Override Method to Unassigned DID?  I would guess it is set to Always and is setting the caller ID based on the trunk default.

Mike Hill
    Varsity Tutors LLC

• 4.  RE: Caller ID showing US instead of Canada

Posted 01-04-2019 09:30
    Hello Mike.  We did check our trunk settings and they are good.  As I mentioned in my initial post, the location flag always reverts back to "USA" if I set the "Calling Party Number" value to any toll free number. If I set the "Calling Party Number" value to a local Canadian number the location flag will stick to the Canadian flag.  I'm hoping Genesys will chime in on this issue since another Pure Cloud customer, Bright Horizons Family Solutions, says they've had a ticket open for this issue for weeks with no resolution.

Wayne Miller
    Packet Fusion, Inc.
    817-403-7844

• 5.  RE: Caller ID showing US instead of Canada
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 01-04-2019 10:16
    Wayne,

I understand your frustration, since you would like to have the selected country flag showing.

That said, the flag has no bearing on what is sent to the Telco. PureCloud just sends the number.

Since 844 is generic in the NANP (I can't find any documentation anywhere tying it specifically to Canada), the developers had to decide on which country to tie it to, and I can see in the original Dev documentation:

"For U.S., the toll free number area codes should default to: 800,817,844,855,866,880,881,882,883,884,885,886,887,888,889."

Allowing someone to override the country associated with a specific area code would break a lot of stuff, so I doubt you could convince anyone to make that change.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Caller ID showing US instead of Canada

Posted 01-04-2019 11:53
    Thanks George.  Your answer makes perfect sense.

Wayne Miller
    Packet Fusion, Inc.
    817-403-7844

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources