Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

Posted 12-10-2018 01:09
    Hi Folks,

We've noticed that display of our chat and agent scheduled times are out by an hour on some systems but not others.

This started with 3 systems a week ago and has since spread to 10 systems - indicative of a patch being pushed out to each system.

I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar problems themselves?

I've a ticket in with Genesys who are pointing toward timezone etc settings on the affected systems, but other apps on those systems are calculating and displaying time and date correctly.  I'm pretty sure it's not a timezone thing as we are in a half-hour timezone (hello from South Australia folks!) and there are no timezones adjacent our half-hour slot, though I reckon it could be something to to with Daylight Saving Time.

I'll post once we have a solution.
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Christian Legg
    MyBudget

• 2.  RE: Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

Posted 12-10-2018 17:28
    As an update for this - I've checked timezones and if the PC is in a timezone with DST active then the times are out by an hour for agent schedules and also chat window timestamps.  Change to a timezone without DST and the purecloud times align with PC time, though of course our PC time is incorrect.

Still waiting on a response from Genesys - but have any other AU users noticed this?

Christian Legg
    MyBudget

• 3.  RE: Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

Posted 12-10-2018 22:51
    Yes, we have seen this also - for us it seems that only a few computers are affected/ All time zones are the same on each PC

Lawrence Drayton
    OVO Mobile (My Mobile Data)

• 4.  RE: Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-11-2018 07:31

What is the time zone of the management unit (Workforce Management / Configuration / Management Units / ...)?
    What is the time zone of an agent who sees the schedule being out an hour more than it should be?
    What is the time zone of an agent who sees the schedule correctly?
    When an administrator/supervisor looks at the schedule for the management unit in the same time zone as the agent is in (you can use the time zone picker in the schedule editor), are the times as expected?

If there is a disparity in two different machines running the same code that does the same UTC to local time conversions in the same time zone, then I would lean toward a difference with the two machines (e.g., system preferences, time zone selection, OS patch level).

The only known case of 'walking' behavior of schedules is when the management unit's time zone and the agent's time zone have a disparity in DST observation/handling. E.g., one honors DST and one doesn't or one has a 30m bias and another has a 60m bias. For that case after DST transitions the 'walking' behavior will be whatever the DST bias (e.g., 60m, 30m, etc. leap forward / fall back). For the cases the walking behavior is not desired, then the work plans must be adjusted to account for the desired behavior (business versus agent decision).

DST transition for AU was 07-Oct so if you are just recently seeing an issue, then this may not have anything to do with DST observations across AU. Just wanted to show some finer points on DST just in case.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 5.  RE: Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

Posted 12-11-2018 17:36
    Thanks for the detailed response and things to check Jay - I truly appreciate the depth and ideas for things to check.

The Windows timezones are as we expect on our systems - all ACDT (currently UTC+1030 as we are on DST now).  Other time consuming apps are reporting times correctly, e.g. scheduling an Outlook meeting from the supervisor's workstation to the agent on their workstation showed the expected times.

I'm checking the Windows patching side of things, but the agent's and supervisor's desktop systems have not been patched since July and the issue started 3 weeks ago.  Doesn't mean that something hasn't slipped in under the radar though.

Genesys tech support have also advised that some other organizations have reported similar slippage in the last few weeks, so there may also be a code regression somewhere that needs to be squashed.

Christian Legg
    MyBudget

• 6.  RE: Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-11-2018 17:58
    Edited by Jay Langsford 12-11-2018 17:59

Another thing to check is, on the machine where the PureCloud time is shown incorrectly, if the time shown in the bottom right of the following page is correct...

https://jsfiddle.net/tjzo124x/136/

Jay Langsford

• 7.  RE: Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-12-2018 12:50
    Edited by Jay Langsford 12-13-2018 07:04
    And yet another thing to verify...on some operating systems, Microsoft for example, the user can select a time zone as well as day light saving time behavior. E.g., for Microsoft there is a 'Automatically adjust clock for Day Light Saving Time' checkbox below the time zone setting.

It could be some users have DST checkbox checked and others do not.

Jay Langsford

• 8.  RE: Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

Posted 12-16-2018 19:32
    Edited by Christian Legg 12-16-2018 19:32
    Thanks for those pointers Jay. They were the first (second!) things I checked.  Windows time and DST settings were AOK, and correct time was being displayed by other time consuming apps, e.g. outlook calendaring.

The issue has resolved itself over the weekend just gone, I suspect through a minor bug-fix on some back-end micro-service code or a minor client fix. I've asked the Genesys support rep handling our ticket if they can check for what changed on the back-end so that I can close off our log.

@Lawrence Drayton - have your display issues cleared up too?​

Christian Legg
    MyBudget

• 9.  RE: Chat and Schedule times out by an hour - anyone else seen this?

GENESYS
    Posted 12-17-2018 07:08

Good to hear the issue has resolved.

I lead the software engineering group that contain the teams responsible for both quality management and workforce management offerings within PureCloud. I can confirm there were no recent changes (not in the past 3+ months) in our software stack (microservices -> frontend user interfaces) related to time zone handling or day light saving time handling on the workforce management side of things (and we own the full stack).

Jay Langsford

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources