Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interactions Talk Time Metric - Impossible Data

Posted 04-11-2019 10:26
    Hello -

Noticing that the Total Talk metric in the Interactions display is displaying impossible data according to the definition in the help screen. The help page definition is "The total amount of time the agent spends talking to the customer." The problem I'm seeing is that the total talk metric is longer than the call duration.

Screen snippet showing talk time far exceeding interaction duration
    My either whoever coded the metric didn't differentiate talk time based on participant, the help screen is wrong, or or my basic understanding of physics is way off (we're all on the same planet travelling at basically the same speed, at least relative to c, etc.).

Am I missing something?
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 2.  RE: Interactions Talk Time Metric - Impossible Data

GENESYS
    Posted 04-12-2019 13:29
    Hi Patrick, do you have a support case open for this issue? We can take a look. Are there possibly multiple agents on those conversations at a time (like a consult for example)?

Maisey Harris
    Development Group Manager, Reporting & Analytics UI
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Interactions Talk Time Metric - Impossible Data

Posted 04-13-2019 16:48
    No haven't opened one up. Since it appears to happen on 95% of the calls, I thought it might be a well-known issue. As to multiple agents, that was obviously the first thing I looked at. At first glance, it appears to be counting customer/remote talk time and the agent talk time.

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

• 4.  RE: Interactions Talk Time Metric - Impossible Data

GENESYS
    Posted 04-15-2019 09:03
    Let's get a support case filed, and if you send me the case number, we'll help track it down our end.

Thanks!

Maisey Harris
    Development Group Manager, Reporting & Analytics UI
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Interactions Talk Time Metric - Impossible Data

Posted 06-05-2019 17:30
    Hello -

I'm told that I needed to submit a feature enhancement request to get this looked at.

At present, the interactions display Total Talk Time metric accumulates interaction time from both the callback and call segments of an interaction.  The result is that on a single call where the agent is able to speak with the customer for 38 seconds, the talk time reported could be two minutes.

For example: an interaction display shows a call of 1m 19s duration with a Total Talk time of 1m 55s for a single agent. Examining the timeline, you find thecall back segment of the interaction time (1m 17s), which includes dialing time and ACW, is added to the interaction time on the call segment (38s).  This results in the reported talk time of 1m 55s: doubling the talk time and adding an additional 39s for dialing and ACW.

The talk time should be reported as 38s as the single agent talked for 38s. 

If you agree, vote it up at https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/PCTEL-I-162.  Images documenting above scenario included on Ideas post.

Thanks,

Patrick Rada
    Keypath Education LLC

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources