Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call Recordings - Who can listen?

Posted 06-14-2019 04:34
    Hi All,

I'm looking to set a user in Genesys Purecloud up as someone that is able to listen to call recordings without giving them admin functionality. I have added the Communicate – User role (as per this article: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/listen-recordings/), but they receive a permissions error when accessing a recording.

Is anyone able advise how best I go about setting up this user?

Many thanks in advance.
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Nik Jones

• 2.  RE: Call Recordings - Who can listen?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-14-2019 09:18
    The PureCloud Supervisor role gives someone the ability to listen to recordings on all interactions (unless you set up Divisions, in which case the supervisor will have access to recordings for calls associated with their assigned divisions).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Call Recordings - Who can listen?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-14-2019 09:19
    Be advised--that role will incur a much higher monthly cost for the user;.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Call Recordings - Who can listen?

Posted 06-14-2019 10:00
    Hi George,

Many thanks for your response.

So are you saying the only way it is possible to listen to call recordings in Purecloud is if someone has the Purecloud Supervisor role? Just wanted to confirm, as the user in question is not a supervisor so I do not want to allow them access to certain areas of the system, they work with new starters and will be assessing their calls. If this is the case I see the only work around being us to download the recording and provide this to them outside of Purecloud to assess.

Nik Jones
    Carestream Dental

• 5.  RE: Call Recordings - Who can listen?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-14-2019 10:43
    It's tied to one of the permissions in the PureCloud Supervisor role. Maybe just the Recording>Recording>View permission. If the user will need to Annotate the recordings then they will need Recording>Annotation> permissions (probably Add, Edit, Delete, View)

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Call Recordings - Who can listen?

GENESYS
    Posted 06-14-2019 10:44
    All of those require a PureCloud 3 license

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Call Recordings - Who can listen?

Posted 06-15-2019 12:09
    Hi Nik
    You mention that you need users to be able to assess calls of new hires- which sounds to me like you're wanting to do quality evaluations. If that's the case there is an Evaluator role but quality evaluation is only available for PureCloud 2 and 3 licensing. 

Also that article which you linked applies to user created recordings which are sent to the user inbox. Is your question about user created recordings for Communicate or Recording Policy based recordings?
    PureCloud 1,2,3 recordings are managed with recording policies and available for playback in the Interactions view based on permissions. They are not sent to an inbox unless also downloaded. 

Hope that helps but let us know if not. 
    Thanks
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager - PureCloud
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Call Recordings - Who can listen?

Posted 06-17-2019 04:46
    Hi Lesley,

Thank you for your response, I would like the user to be able to access recordings through the interactions section of Purecloud but they do not currently have access to this area of the system.

How would I add this section and would this incur additional charges?

The user in question is already set to "Purecloud 3"

Kind Regards,

Nik Jones
    Carestream Dental

• 9.  RE: Call Recordings - Who can listen?

Posted 06-17-2019 11:41
    Hi Nik,
    If your user is PureCloud 3 rather than a Communicate user as noted in your original post then I suggest that you take a look at this section in the Resource Center https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/about-people-permissions/  to determine the appropriate license, role and permissions for your user. They'll need to have a PureCloud license - but  it's not clear to me what their actual role is. If you want them to be able to listen to other user's calls you may want to give them a Supervisor or Evaluator role - however if you don't want them to have all permissions associated with those roles you can create a custom role and assign the desired permissions/ conditions.

Best regards,
    Lesley

Lesley Vereen
    Sr Product Manager - PureCloud
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources