Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

• 1.  I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-12-2018 09:18
    #Architect

I need to provide insight to our training development group regarding objectives for a PureCloud Architect instructor-led class.

So, my ask is for everyone who works in Architect to give me your top five features/aspects/actions that you think need to be included in a class (which will include hands-on labs).

If you have more than five, that's fine.

It would be even better if you could split them between an intro-level class and a more advanced-level class.

Some examples might be:

Create, manage, and implement User Prompts
    Configure and use the Salesforce Data Actions integration
    Create an Inbound Call Flow that goes directly to an ACD queue with Language and ACD skills
    Set the language for a flow
    Create and implement a custom In-Queue Call Flow

Thank you!​​

------------------------------
    George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 2.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

Posted 10-15-2018 18:31
    Great Question!  As someone who recently had to learn Architect, here are somethings that would have helped me.  these are probably all Into-Level.

Create an Inbound Call Flow using Dial by extension features and how and set up a main call flow.
    Create an Inbound Call Flow that transfers directly to a Queue.
    A basic explanation of the difference and/or how to correctly use a "Task" vs a "Menu" in Architect.

I'll add more as I think of them.
    Hope this helps.

Christina Ross
    National Media Calls

• 3.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

Posted 10-15-2018 20:51
    When we first implemented Purecloud, Architect was very daunting. To this day its still is for some of my admins who are set with the task at applying edits to flows.
    Must admit it's not easy and when you get stuck if it wasn't for the community and Genesys, i would be wondering still how to do some of the functions we have, this is speaking from a self service ivr function spread over 6 flows.

• Configure and use Data actions and Bridge Actions - this is key to getting your flow to talk to your internal systems. A simple choice of "Literal or Expression can force your flow to fail.
    • Literal or Expression - meanings how to use them, explain in English. For new users who don't understand or cannot decipher the help guide for this it means nothing to them. 
    • Inbound, In-queue, Outbound flows these are all valuable to know
    • Participant Data 
    • Recording quality
    • Screen-pops
    • Inputs and Outputs - is it flow or is it task
    • What is a ToInt, a string, a Integer - How are they written.
    These are just some of the hurdles I came across or faced which prove to be valid when working with Architect flows

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 4.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2018 09:10
    Thank you, @Christina Ross and @Darryn Chang!​​

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2018 09:16
    @Angelia Harper
    @Patrick Rada
    @RAMsey Miller
    @Sajid Abbas
    @Ana Laia
    @Rogier Bosch
    @Stefano Pucci

Anyone else have ideas?​​​

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

Posted 10-16-2018 10:05
    I think just a general go-over of how In-queue flows are related to queues and agent availability. I get many questions on, "Why is this message playing and agents are available and in queue". Possibly best practices for In-Queues. I.E. don't start your In-Queue off with all agents are busy, if you don't want them to hear that first. I think the lack on knowledge around how these are to work is what causes a lot of my rebuilding for clients. 

How to set up Call flows for the "new" Emergency and Holiday routing. Most groups, I assume, have someone that builds out their more complex call flows, these are generally more simple and require less time. 

How to use the voicemail to Queue instead of routing to a separate user to be checked all of the time. Of course, in the beginning of PureCloud, we did not have the VM to queue,  some people are still on this and would benefit to change to the newer feature.  

How to build a simple "disconnect" for a caller you would like to block. Trouble caller. Explaining that in general, you can only do this at the queue level routing, not necessarily on DID calls, unless you route all DIDs through a flow then route to the assigned agent. Again, not a hard task to build out, but knowledge around it would be good. 

If I think of more I will shoot them over. 

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 7.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2018 10:07
    Thanks, Angie!

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

Posted 10-16-2018 10:18
    ​Email Inbound flow
    Data Table lookup (block/redirect nuisance callers, lookup time zone based on US area code, etc.)
    Use Call.attributes

Dan Fontaine
    Altivon

• 9.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-16-2018 10:20
    Thanks, @Dan Fontaine!​

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

Posted 10-17-2018 05:46

Apart from basic functionality of how architect objects work e.g. Menus, Tasks, Prompts, Flows, Integrations etc, I'll add items which I had to work a bit extra to understand and master.

1. Variables, their scopes and conversions e.g. from string to audio TTS.
    2. Data actions PrueCloud, Bridge and Web Services. (how to parse and use translation map in particular).
    3. How to use PureCloud data actions to read and write to and from external contacts e.g. Notes section can be used to store customer preference e.g. language etc.
    4. Use of data tables for storing flags/switches to make routing decisions in architect later on. For instance, if the 'Fog' flag is set, offer an additional menu option to the customer who wants to talk to the agent directly.
    5. ScreenPop to browse to any URL and passing attached data to the script.
    6. Use of data actions and outbound in the script.
    7. Setting up call priority based on type of customer received from CRM etc.
    8. Routing and scheduling for Offline and holidays
    9. Use of callbacks in-queue, inbound and on scripts.

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies -

• 11.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

Posted 10-18-2018 11:48
    Basic:
    • Prompts upload/creation (incl, language, description)
    • variables (flow, task, built-in / system) - literal mode
    • screen pop passing variables to scripts
    • transfer to queue (+skill / in queue flow)
    • In Queue play estimated wait time
    • In Queue call back to call.ani

Medium:
    • bulk prompt upload / TTS
    • expression mode variables, functions (if/then logicals,  ToPhoneNumber.E164 .....)
    • callback to customer entered number
    • error handling , Resources, dependencies ...
    • datatable

Advanced:
    • web / bridge data actions
    • UUI data / participant data
    • script actions
    • collections / string values / typed values

Jean-Christophe Poyelle
    Foehn Ltd.

• 12.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2018 12:03
    Thanks, @Sajid Abbas and ​@Jean-Christophe Poyelle!​

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 13.  RE: I need your help, please! Architect class objectives input.

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2018 09:45
    Hi George, this is a great thread going. For the advanced class, I'd include:
    • ToObject functions
      • Why it's best to convert strings to objects, such as ToPhoneNumber or ToDateTime, and use the provided methods to parse and manipulate data when possible (as opposed to substring, right / left, or index-based parsing). Makes for more robust flow logic and handles differently formatted data (eg, international phone numbers) more consistently.
    • Participant Data as debugging tool
      • Write debug information to the conversation using Set Participant Data. Get the conversation id from the Interactions view (or API) and get the conversation record from the Dev Center API Explorer. When troubleshooting data actions, complex expressions, or string parsing, this is faster and more accurate than debugging audibly or digging through Edge logs.
        • Remove debugging statements - especially from Secure Flows.
    • Use IsSet() and IsNotSetOrEmpty() functions liberally to anticipate and avoid flow errors.
    • Differences between Voice flows and digital (email, chat) flows
      • Dynamic lookup functions (FindQueue, FindUser, FindSkill) - on the roadmap for voice flows, currently available in digital flows
      • Voice flow "jump to task" vs digital flow "call task"
        • Jump to Task is more like a static "goto"
        • Call Task is like a true subroutine call
          • Returns to previous execution context - the called task returns from where it was called. Thus it can be used more modularly from other Tasks, and you can, for example, use Call Task effectively inside a loop.
          • Data can be passed to and returned from a called Task.

Couple quick basic class notes:
    • Always set an error handler action, such as transfer directly to Queue. Don't leave it as the default - disconnect!
    • Always assume your data actions can fail or time out - implement reasonable fallback behavior on the failure and timeout paths.
    • Prefer User Prompts to ad-hoc TTS for static audio
      • When static information is to be played to callers, prefer to create User Prompts with TTS defined in the prompt. This allows users to add voice recordings to their call flows by updating the User Prompts, without the need to modify the call flow (republish is still required though). "Play Audio" actions may be simple to find and update, but several data input actions, transfer actions, and other actions also have audio prompts. Finding them all is challenging.
    • Disable ASR and company directory if not in use
      • Leaving ASR enabled when menu options are not configured with speech recognition terms may cause unintended restarting of menus or other issues.

R. J. Smith
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources