Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can Agents Turn Off Screen Recording In PC3?

Posted 12-21-2018 11:08
    Edited by George Ganahl 12-21-2018 11:08
    Good afternoon,
    I wanted to put a question out to the community about something I'm seeing with one of my agents.  We recently upgraded to PC3, and all employees have been told that they must use the desktop application to ensure consistency in practice, and also so that we have screen recordings available to assist in their development.
    While reviewing interactions for the past week, there is one particular agent who has no screen recordings associated with any of her calls.  This has not been observed with any other agent.  Is there anything that the agents can do to stop the recording of their screen in PC3 (we don't have secure pause available to them) other than intentionally using the browser version of PureCloud?  
    Thanks for your feedback!
    Amanda

Amanda Keeton
    Contact Center Manager
    Baker College Contact Center

• 2.  RE: Can Agents Turn Off Screen Recording In PC3?

Posted 12-22-2018 23:10
    Yes. This happened to us. While creating agent's users, purecloud sent an invitation email to everyone. Agents clicked on the button 'Activate' in the email and they set their passwords etc using the browser. 

Later on, despite they have desktop app installed, they would type 'purecloud' in chrome and login. So we did not have their screens recorded. 

But as long as they are using desktop app, no agent can intentionally or unintentionally stop the screen recording (in my opinion).

------------------------------
    Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies - Dubai

• 3.  RE: Can Agents Turn Off Screen Recording In PC3?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 10:06
    There is no way for an agent to turn off screen recording, but they do have to use the desktop app in order for the screen recording to be captured.  If the agent is using the web client then screen recordings will not be captured.  Are you able to tell if this agent was using the web client versus the desktop client?

Katie Ritz
    Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Can Agents Turn Off Screen Recording In PC3?

Posted 01-03-2019 10:09
    That's actually a question that I have posed in a related ticket, which I have not received a response to as yet.  Currently all contact center employees are remote, so we do not have the ability to physically see whether the employee is utilizing the app or the web browser version.  

Is there a way to verify via interaction (or back end process) which was used?

Thanks!

Amanda Gebhardt-Keeton
    Baker College

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources