Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Chat SOPs

Posted 12-17-2018 10:27

We are getting ready to pilot chat with our customers. This is something our center has never utilized with our external customers and I'd like to build out guidelines and SOPs for our agents to follow. 

Does anyone have any chat SOPs or best practices they could share? 

Example: If no response from customer, agent can end chat after X minutes. 

#QualityManagement
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Patrick Orsborn
    Blucora, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Chat SOPs

Posted 12-17-2018 23:55
    Hey mate, 

This is a tricky one as it can really depend on a number of factors. For our implementation, we have a few of the following rules in place

Chat commences and no text from a customer in 3 min - Send away message and end chat
    Chat commences and the customer has not replied in over 3 mins - send a message asking if they are there - 1 more min - send away message 

These are the 2 main rules we have with non-responding customers, though you have to give the agent some leeway as sometimes people just leave the chat, and it doesn't register on the PC environment or the customer is getting some more info and may just need more time. 

Also, We make it a point that when customers that come on chat just to tell someone to call them, that we can't as they are the inbound chat team and should they need to discuss over the phone, they will need to initiate a call into the centre

I mean, there are a number of different items you can go into, but if you like send me a message and I would be happy to share our basic framework for chat

Lawrence Drayton
    OVO Mobile (My Mobile Data)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources