Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound Call Campaigns

Posted 02-19-2019 15:03
    We are having difficulty in setting our first outbound call campaign. When setting up the campaign the agent script box option is limited to default outbound script. It will not allow us to choose the test script we created. Any idea why? Any other helpful tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Ray Richardson
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Ray Richardson
    Werner

• 2.  RE: Outbound Call Campaigns

GENESYS
    Posted 02-19-2019 15:05
    Make sure you enabled the test script for Outbound, and that it has been Published.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Outbound Call Campaigns

Posted 02-19-2019 15:20
    Thanks again George...found where to publish and it fixed the issue. Thanks so much!!!

Ray

Ray Richardson
    Werner

• 4.  RE: Outbound Call Campaigns

GENESYS
    Posted 02-19-2019 15:24
    Ok, good! I was just getting around to creating a screenshot to post.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Outbound Call Campaigns

Posted 02-20-2019 00:14
    Hi Ray
    As a first time user for outbound campaigns, it can be quite daunting on what works and what functions with which setting and configurations. Please reach out if you need or have questions, we have been using the outbound campaigns for a couple of years now. So have figured out what works well and what doesn't.
    Happy to help

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 6.  RE: Outbound Call Campaigns

Posted 02-21-2019 16:30
    Hi Darryn
    Thanks for reaching out. We are having difficulty in getting these campaigns to work properly. Maybe you could offer some insight on the following:

-How do you assign specific campaigns to specific agents?
    -How do you recycle campaigns in a shorter period than a day?
    -What reporting do you utilize for metrics?
    -Will these interactions show up on the detail reports?
    -I can't get the campaign to work when I utilize the Callable Time Set, why?
    -When the "callback" delivers to certain agents only allows for 3 second answer time and then moves on to additional agents even though I have preview timer set to 5 minutes, why?
    -Interactions will not disconnect, why?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
    Ray Richardson

Ray Richardson
    Werner

• 7.  RE: Outbound Call Campaigns

Posted 03-13-2019 20:18
    Hi Ray

Sorry for the late reply

How do you assign specific campaigns to specific agents?
    You will need to create specific queues and assign those queues to the agents. The campaign then can be linked to the specific queue of that agent 

-How do you recycle campaigns in a shorter period than a day?
    There are 2 definitions of recycle - there's recycle and it wipes previous contact attempts and takes it back to the start. This is represented by the little recycle icon in the campaigns view. Then there is what we call re-run where the campaign reaches the end and we switch it back on, it eliminates the non callable and only dials the attempts that you have have configured apart of contact attempt limits.
    Each country is different as to how many attempts can be conducted. Id suggest you refer to your countries telecommunications act if you have one.
    You can also configure the attempts limit, this can set to reset by Daily or Never. In my country we have it set to never as we are limited on the amount of attempts we can do to a number.

-What reporting do you utilize for metrics? 
    While you have the opportunity to use 3rd party APP providers, we have found the more recent releases of Dashboards, Queues Activity and the various reports and Performance views have been sufficient enough to report on Outbound Dialer. It does have its limitations but we always find a way around that.

-Will these interactions show up on the detail reports? Outbound Campaign: Detailed Attempt History report will list the campaign name associated with the interactions, if its queue based then the Interaction Detailed History report will show this. In the not to distant future i believe there is a release where Interactions view will be downloadable, which should make it more simpler and filterable to capture what you need.

-I can't get the campaign to work when I utilize the Callable Time Set, why? Can unfortunately comment on this one, we don't use it

-When the "callback" delivers to certain agents only allows for 3 second answer time and then moves on to additional agents even though I have preview timer set to 5 minutes, why?
    The analogy i have found with callbacks is an interesting one. Its not programmed like a callback to a standalone agent where they can receive it or make the callback at any time. The way this works is it will attempt to connect to the agent if they have opted to receive the callback when ticking the box at time of schedule. If the agent is not available it will skip to the next available agent, i don't believe setting the preview timer has any affect on the callback itself. Its a back-end timer i believe. But it also depends on your attempt limits which can affect if a callback is callable or not.
    Also the scheduled callback view is very limited in managing, while you can select a queue or contact list, it does not let you set the ASC/Dec to know which callbacks are scheduled for that day nor does it give you much control other than cancelling the callback.

-Interactions will not disconnect, why?
    There could be various reasons why they don't disconnect. You may need to check your "persistent connection settings" under your base phone settings (Phone Management) i recall we had a similar issue when we first started. Though i suppose it depends on how its been configured whether its your phone settings or your actual campaign. The disconnect Interaction tool can be helpful if they are "Stuck Interactions" but if you have multiple it would be better to raise with support and provide conversation IDs to have them investigate and terminate in the backend.

Hope this helps with your journey, reach out if you have more questions

Cheers

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources