Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outbound calls on behalf of a Queue via Collaborate app or other means?

Posted 01-08-2019 13:36

Hello-I wonder if anyone has any advice about this issue.

We want to be able to merely make a single call occasionally on behalf of a Queue, as you can do through PureCloud on the Interactions tab. The issue is that we need this to be done while away from the office (purely via iPhone or iPad). Yet, we DO NOT need a new queue to be created for outbound dialing purposes. Again, this is not an outbound campaign, but merely an occasional call here and there on a low-traffic line.

The below app has means to place calls, but only within the Organization itself-not as an Outbound call on behalf of a Queue.  Is that correct?

‎PureCloud Collaborate

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/purecloud-directory/id777864400#?platform=ipad

Does anyone have any advice for this?

#Outbound
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Harley Breth
    Philadelphia Church of God Inc

• 2.  RE: Outbound calls on behalf of a Queue via Collaborate app or other means?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-09-2019 10:02

Harley, 

Thank you for posting, "make a single call occasionally on behalf of a Queue, as you can do through PureCloud on the Interactions tab. The issue is that we need this to be done while away from the office (purely via iPhone or iPad). Yet, we DO NOT need a new queue to be created for outbound dialing purposes." 

I have searched internally for this feature and you are not the only one. Apparently, it has been submitted, but I was unable to find it. As such, I submitted your and other's idea: PureCloud Ideas Lab

This is the content:

Genesys Go Mobile App

Create a mobile app to allow agents to log in and take interactions on their mobile device

Conversation interaction types being considered (these will come in phases)

• Chat messages
    • Messages (SMS and other platforms supported by PureCloud e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Line)
    • Calls
    • Email

Matthew Brannon
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Outbound calls on behalf of a Queue via Collaborate app or other means?

Posted 01-10-2019 09:46
    Hello Harley,

Safari browser on iPad and iPhone supports WebRTC phone calls. However, there is a problem with PureCloud web UI rendering on small devices, especially on iPhone. It's a little bit better on IPad. It's a pity that PureCloud web UI is not optimized for mobile browsers. 

Personally I hope that Genesys will develop a PureCloud mobile app soon. Mobile optimized PureCloud web UI would help too.

Juha Niinimaki
    Konecranes Oyj

• 4.  RE: Outbound calls on behalf of a Queue via Collaborate app or other means?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-10-2019 09:47
    Hey Juha,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sure that our product team would like to know about the issues you are experiencing with your service. Have you submitted this to our support team or posted it on the ideas portals? Here is the link to PureCloud: https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas

Cheers,

Matt

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources