Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  presence check / voicemail options / caller id

Posted 06-06-2019 13:19
    Hi All (sorry for the length here...), 

I have several customers who are migrating from premise Avaya infra to PureCloud. One of the features that is used pretty regularly is the "zero out" feature of the voicemail system they use (modular messaging). This feature allows agents who receive direct calls as part of their workflow (in addition to acd calls) to give callers the option of hitting zero to talk to someone on their team... if the caller selects that option the call gets routed back out to a route that sends the call to that person's team skill/queue. 

To get around this, I'm using a task in a call flow that is assigned to an individual's direct dial number to strip out the last six of their number, check a data table to get their user id, then check their presence. If they aren't available or on-queue, we play a prompt that gives callers an option to leave that person a voice mail or go to their team. 

That works fine, but now we're hung up on the outbound caller id. I'm trying to figure out a way to present that person's direct dial number (that's actually a route going to an ivr) when they make an outbound call... 

I've found the below url's that look like they're referring to a capabiltiy that would allow calling parties to input a caller id, but i'm not seeing it in my org. Specifically, in the configure caller id page, it says this - problem is, i'm not seeing the option at #3 for Agent Input. Is this still valid (We have the chrome extension)?  

Configure caller ID information in PureCloud. 
    1. In PureCloud, click Admin.
    2. Under Telephony, click Trunks.
    3. Click an external trunk. Either enable agent input or global configuration.
      • Agent input
        1. Under Calling, set Address Override Method and Name Override Method to Unassigned DID.

Any name and number that agents input in the client appear to recipients of outbound calls. 

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-the-purecloud-browser-extensions/

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-caller-id/

#Telephony

------------------------------
    Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: presence check / voicemail options / caller id

Posted 06-07-2019 09:43
    A few things as a follow up... 

The configurable caller id is available in the chrome extension, under options. That's pretty nice, but the settings aren't persistent (far as I can tell). So the agent would need to populate them each time. 

Still not seeing that option for the main ui re the trunks, so interested to know if anyone has ever seen that? 

One other thing I do like about the chrome extension is the ability to retain the prior selected queue on an outbound attempt... manually selecting queues from the main ui is giving some of our folks some heartburn.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources