Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

• 1.  Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 01-03-2019 13:57
    Hello, 

We have a Service Level goal of 80/20 and since moving into PureCloud we have noticed a drastic drop in our Service Level percentage for some business units. 

Do we know when the seconds start counting? Is it as soon as the interaction enters the system - or when it enters the queue? At the moment.. it appears that interactions have a duration of roughly 15 seconds as they enter a queue and presenting to an agent, so with if no agents are idle for that call, we have only 5 seconds before we have missed the target. 

If anyone has any info that would help with understanding when the count starts, it would be greatly appreciated. 
    thanks!
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Kymberli

• 2.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 14:01
    The count starts when the interaction enters the queue.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 01-03-2019 14:53
    Thank you!

In the service level calculation - what is included in: number of interactions that miss the service level target?   Is it just calls above the SL target + abandoned? 

When are abandoned interactions NOT counted in the SL%? is there a threshold?

Kymberli O'Hagan
    Alberta Motor Association

• 4.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 15:14
    The "number of interactions that miss the service level target" only includes ones answered in the queue. Abandons are not in that number, nor are flow-outs (transferred to another queue before answered by an agent, transferred to voicemail before answered by an agent, caller elects to receive a callback instead of waiting for an agent).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 01-03-2019 15:31
    So a call that is abandoned while in queue on hold, does not count against the Service Level %? That surprises me a bit! We have always factored in a call that abandons while in queue - How can we accurately represent call center performance without taking into account the abandoned calls?

If the SL does not include abandoned calls, would there be a way for us to customize this calculation in order to factor them in?

Kymberli O'Hagan

• 6.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 15:35
    Sorry, I thought you were reading from the definition of Service Level in the Resource Center since you basically quoted it :-)

https://help.mypurecloud.com/glossary/service-level/

Calculated by: (Number of answered interactions - number of interactions that miss the service level target)/ (Number of answered interactions + number of abandoned interactions)*100

Abandons are in the denominator of the calculation.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 01-03-2019 15:43
    Edited by Kymberli O'Hagan 01-03-2019 15:50
    hahaha - wow. clearly i need more sleep :)

Sorry for the confusion there! I think i'll just try explain why i'm asking.. i have an interval where for one queue the SL was 67% and when i calculated using that formula it was 33% - the system did not factor in a call that abandoned at 4s - that's why i was asking if an abandoned call is ever not added to the calculation.   Does that make more sense?

Kymberli O'Hagan

• 8.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-03-2019 16:03
    Did you place just 3 calls into the queue?

Did they all enter the queue during the same interval as they were answered or disconnected?

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 05-05-2020 06:26
    Hello George

Hope you are keeping well.

I am stuck on this one and if possible would very much like to ask for your assistance.

You mentioned The count starts when the interaction enters the queue.

Is that the time tACD (Total Queue) column?

Thanks and regards
    Samuel Polgar
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 10.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-05-2020 10:44
    Total Queue counts all the time an interaction spends waiting in queue, yes. Be aware that it is the total, so if a call is answered in one queue, then transferred to another queue, Total Queue will be how long it spent waiting in both queues, with no granularity for how long it spent in each queue (though you can see that in the Timeline).

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 11.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 05-05-2020 18:00
    There's options around how service level is calculated and whether you want to include short abandons or not. Please refer to the following articles in the resource center:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/glossary/service-level/
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-the-service-level-calculation/

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 12.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 05-05-2020 19:08
    Hello George and Darlene

Wishing you are well and thank you very much for providing guidance and sharing your knowledge.

I understand the SLA is calculated based on the information https://help.mypurecloud.com/glossary/service-level/ my question is which metric contributes to the service level target. e.g. if the SLA is 80/20? Do we use the Total Queue (tACD) time to determine whether the call is within SLA, or is there another metric included in SLA?
    For this example, let's assume no flow-outs, no queue changes, and no short-abandoned. 

The reason for this investigation is
    1. A client asked for a report, how many/which calls outside SLA? I assumed I would filter on the total queue column (outside SLA IF Total Queue > 20 seconds).
    2. During testing, I placed 6 calls to the queue. 4 I answered within SLA, but my SLA is at 33%
    3. I believe the client has changed SLA's recently, maybe more than once, and this could be affecting results.

Secondly
    If the SLA was changed on the queue (in the queue settings), does this change reports retrospectively? For example, if my previous SLA was 80/20, and my new SLA is 80/30 and my historical data (before SLA change) has 6 calls. 2 answered in 10 seconds, 2 answered in 22 seconds, and 2 answered in 40 seconds.
    If I run my report before the change and after, should the results change? Or is the SLA calculated at the time of the call and then set to the conversation object?

Apologies for the long response, and I greatly appreciate your support.

Thanks and regards
    Samuel Polgar
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources