PureCloud

Expand all | Collapse all

Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

• 1.  Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 18 days ago
    Hello,

We have a Service Level goal of 80/20 and since moving into PureCloud we have noticed a drastic drop in our Service Level percentage for some business units.

Do we know when the seconds start counting? Is it as soon as the interaction enters the system - or when it enters the queue? At the moment.. it appears that interactions have a duration of roughly 15 seconds as they enter a queue and presenting to an agent, so with if no agents are idle for that call, we have only 5 seconds before we have missed the target.

If anyone has any info that would help with understanding when the count starts, it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks!
    #Reporting/Analytics
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Kymberli

• 2.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 18 days ago
    The count starts when the interaction enters the queue.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 18 days ago
    Thank you!

In the service level calculation - what is included in: number of interactions that miss the service level target?   Is it just calls above the SL target + abandoned?

When are abandoned interactions NOT counted in the SL%? is there a threshold?

Kymberli O'Hagan
    Alberta Motor Association

• 4.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 18 days ago
    The "number of interactions that miss the service level target" only includes ones answered in the queue. Abandons are not in that number, nor are flow-outs (transferred to another queue before answered by an agent, transferred to voicemail before answered by an agent, caller elects to receive a callback instead of waiting for an agent).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 18 days ago
    So a call that is abandoned while in queue on hold, does not count against the Service Level %? That surprises me a bit! We have always factored in a call that abandons while in queue - How can we accurately represent call center performance without taking into account the abandoned calls?

If the SL does not include abandoned calls, would there be a way for us to customize this calculation in order to factor them in?

Kymberli O'Hagan

• 6.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 18 days ago
    Sorry, I thought you were reading from the definition of Service Level in the Resource Center since you basically quoted it :-)

https://help.mypurecloud.com/glossary/service-level/

Calculated by: (Number of answered interactions - number of interactions that miss the service level target)/ (Number of answered interactions + number of abandoned interactions)*100

Abandons are in the denominator of the calculation.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

Posted 18 days ago
    Edited by Kymberli O'Hagan 18 days ago
    hahaha - wow. clearly i need more sleep :)

Sorry for the confusion there! I think i'll just try explain why i'm asking.. i have an interval where for one queue the SL was 67% and when i calculated using that formula it was 33% - the system did not factor in a call that abandoned at 4s - that's why i was asking if an abandoned call is ever not added to the calculation.   Does that make more sense?

Kymberli O'Hagan

• 8.  RE: Service Level Calculation - when does it start?

GENESYS
    Posted 18 days ago
    Did you place just 3 calls into the queue?

Did they all enter the queue during the same interval as they were answered or disconnected?

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys