Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Binding output variable to contact list field

Posted 12-21-2018 03:46
    Hi,

I have question regadring binding output variable to the field on the contact list

In the outbound campaign, the agents enter data on Outbound Script (not on the Contact list field), this data are retrieved later by developpement team as "Participant data" for reporting and analysis

Now, the customer want that the same data will be also mirrored to the some columns on the contact list at the run time

I know that we have to define a binding between output variable in the Script to the contact list field, like outbound.<field_name>

But I don't find where I have to set this binding ? I already put it on the "Contact Data Load Action" but it didn't works (by creating custom action with Scripter.set variable and set outbound.<field_name> = myvariable)

Please any idea, I have some confusion on this ?

Thank you

#Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Outbound
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Binding output variable to contact list field

GENESYS
    Posted 12-21-2018 09:09
    In a script you can only bind variables to fields that already exist in the Contact List.

------------------------------
    George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Binding output variable to contact list field

Posted 12-21-2018 09:56
    Hi George,

Thanks for your reply, yes but how I can bind the existing variable to the existing field in the contact list, in order to store the same data on both Participant Data and field in contact list 

For example, in the Script, I have Radio button component bind with "variable 1", if agent select "choise 1" radio button, this data will be stored on "variable 1"
    I want that the same data "choise 1" will be also stored on "outbound.field1" of the contact list at the same time

Thanks for your help

Oudderhem Mostafa
    Coverage-Communication

• 4.  RE: Binding output variable to contact list field

GENESYS
    Posted 12-21-2018 10:02
    I would probably create a Custom Action:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/define-custom-script-action/?theme=simplified

and use that to update everything you want updated in the radio button configuration under Advanced>Change Action

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Binding output variable to contact list field

Posted 12-22-2018 02:39
    Hi George,

Thanks for your help, it works fine now

In change action, I add Scripter.Set Variable then bind the Calling list field with myvariable, but agent has to click on "update contact" button in order to store the data in the calling list when exporting it

Thanks for your time

Regards

Oudderhem Mostafa
    Coverage-Communication

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources