Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Problem restoring user

Posted 04-10-2019 15:01
    Hello Everyone!

We tried to restore a user this morning that had been previously deleted but were not able to. We just get a message saying "There was a problem restoring ..."

Anyone else running into this issue?

Any known workarounds for this? Is there a fix in the works for this issue?

Thanks for your help!

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Altaf Gosla
    AmeriHome Mortgage Company, LLC

• 2.  RE: Problem restoring user

Posted 04-10-2019 15:04
    @Altaf Gosla send me a message, I will get a case opened for you. We did have that issue for another customer and had to get a case opened with Genesys for them.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 3.  RE: Problem restoring user

Posted 04-10-2019 15:09
    Thanks @Angelia Harper

My colleague just sent you a message. We were working on opening a community thread and reaching out to you at the same time :-)

Altaf Gosla

• 4.  RE: Problem restoring user

Posted 04-11-2019 17:39

I had this issue - and so I went in and created them like I would create a new user.  When the system recognized that the email address was the same as a user that had been deactivated/deleted, it asked if I wanted them restored.  I said yes, and they were restored.

Are you using divisions in your organization?  I thought that the issue for us may have been because when you restore a user, it adds them back to the Home division, and the person who was trying to restore them did not have access to that division.

That was my guess anyway, and how I explained it to them...  ​

Brenda
    Implementing PureCloud, eMite, and VOCI

• 5.  RE: Problem restoring user

Posted 04-11-2019 18:52
    Hi Brenda,

That is what we did, we tried to create them like a new user. We click yes on the restore option and that is when we get the error message. We are not using divisions in our organization and have only the Home diviision. I wonder if the issue is because the user was deleted from before divisions existed in PureCloud.

Appreciate the reply!

Altaf Gosla

• 6.  RE: Problem restoring user

Posted 04-16-2019 07:05
    We too see this problem, have seen it for a while and haven't yet found a workaround. I know that Genesys techs sorted it out earlier, for one of our users.

What really puzzles me, is how this is possible. If the user really is deleted, how come PureCloud still see the user when trying to create it? That tells me that the user is not properly deleted, but in some sort of hidden state, which obviously raises a whole other set of questions... 

Jonas Kristensen
    HI3G Denmark ApS

• 7.  RE: Problem restoring user

Posted 04-19-2019 12:52
    Yes, it would be nice if it was truly deleting the user and we could truly recreate them. At the moment though, it seems like they are inactive but just hidden away slightly more.

Surprisingly, we were able to use the "Restore Person" functionality to restore them. Not sure why this restore method worked when the other one didn't, but I guess they must be programmatically different or we just got lucky!

Altaf Gosla

• 8.  RE: Problem restoring user

Posted 04-22-2019 06:20
    Hi Altaf,

we faced this issue before and we fix it by edit the user that you want to delete it.
    EX: you want to delete a user with email andrew.adel@hotmail.com.
    1-edit this email andrew.adel5@hotmail.com (add any character).
    2-delete it.
    3-then create a new account with andrew.adel@hotmail.com it will not ask you for restore because the user that deleted andrew.adel5@hotmail.com.

please check this and inform us if it is helpful for you.

Best Regards
    Andrew Adel

Andrew Adel
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 9.  RE: Problem restoring user

Posted 04-22-2019 16:08
    @Andrew Adel

Thanks so much for this tip! It is very helpful. We'll make this email address edit part of our deletion process.​

Altaf Gosla

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources