Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to start automatically custom client application when started chats incoming or the other scenario?

Posted 03-13-2019 08:58
    Edited by Semih Çetinkaya 03-13-2019 09:04
    Hi

I would like to make/design an action that would auto start my custom application with any action or trigger ? Would that be possible or is there a way to accomplish this ?

Thanks
    Best Regards
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Semih Çetinkaya
    Call Center Resources Dan. A.S

• 2.  RE: How to start automatically custom client application when started chats incoming or the other scenario?

Posted 03-13-2019 12:23
    Edited by Sajid Abbas 03-13-2019 12:23
    If I understood correctly, you want to open a custom application (lets say a website) automatically or on a trigger when agents start to chat with the customer?

What I'd do is to create a script with web page control on it to host the custom application and the configure this script as a default script in that particular queue's chat settings.

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies - Dubai

• 3.  RE: How to start automatically custom client application when started chats incoming or the other scenario?

Posted 03-14-2019 02:38
    Actually, what I want is that my application in the "Custom Client Application" menu opens automatically in Purecloud.

For example, when the call comes to the agent, I want the application (say a website) to be automatically opened or started on the Pure Cloud UI.

I would like to add a script for "Custom Customer Application". Because I have custom sandbox settings

Semih Çetinkaya

• 4.  RE: How to start automatically custom client application when started chats incoming or the other scenario?

Posted 03-14-2019 06:02
    Are you trying to open something like

If Yes,

you want to try below 

Set up a Custom Client Application integration - PureCloud Resource Center
    PureCloud Resource Center remove preview
    Set up a Custom Client Application integration - PureCloud Resource Center
    Configure the integration by completing the following steps: Click Admin. Under Integrations, click [More]
    View this on PureCloud Resource Center >
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-custom-client-application-integration/ 

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek

• 5.  RE: How to start automatically custom client application when started chats incoming or the other scenario?

Posted 03-14-2019 06:14
    I will take this URL (https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/set-custom-client-application-integration/) as your custom application and would try to do some thing like

We do not have chat in our organization so I can't test this. Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek

• 6.  RE: How to start automatically custom client application when started chats incoming or the other scenario?

Posted 03-14-2019 06:59
    Thanks.
    I've added the custom addin with "Custom Customer Application".

But now, I have to click its menu item to open it.
    Is there any way to activate automaticly it by code when agent picks up any interaction?

Semih Çetinkaya

• 7.  RE: How to start automatically custom client application when started chats incoming or the other scenario?

Posted 03-17-2019 04:41
    As per my understanding if you set your script which hosts the custom application (or any other web page) as default script for your chat interaction for that particular queue in queue settings (As this shows in the gif I uploaded in last update), this should automatically open the custom application the moment chat lands on the agent.

I had tested this with voice interactions. It works. For chat I am not sure but its worth trying I think.

Sajid

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek

• 8.  RE: How to start automatically custom client application when started chats incoming or the other scenario?

Posted 03-19-2019 19:59
    Yes, using the scripting function is how this would work in chat. 

No other way to do this at the moment.

Lawrence Drayton
    OVO Mobile (My Mobile Data)

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources