Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  transfer priorized

Posted 11-22-2018 11:14
    Hi , 

Actually, when a customer call one of our department, he is forced to wait in the queue. Once he is online with an advisor and want to be transfered in an other department he is forced to wait again one more time, as if it was it's first entrance in our service.

We want to set a very high priority on our transfer between departments but I don't know if it's possible and if yes, how .

Can you help us ?

Thanks
    Best regards

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    MaximePierru
    L'Olivier Assurance

• 2.  RE: transfer priorized

GENESYS
    Posted 12-03-2018 11:28
    You can set the priority of the call in the transfer to ACD action in the call flow.
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/transfer-acd-action/

When an agent transfers the caller to another queue, it will keep the priority that was set in the transfer to ACD action in the flow if one was set.  There is not currently a way for the agent to use a different priority.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: transfer priorized

Posted 05-04-2020 07:03
    Hello Melissa,

I currently have the same Issue with a customer of us. They have one hotline which has a very high call volume. If the Agent transfer a call from another hotline to this specific hotline they have to wait up to 30 min. Is there a possibility to catch those transfer calls in the Callflow and change or set a high priority? So the Agent don´t set the priority by himself, but the system recognize the transfer call and increase the priority automatically.

Did i get that right, if we set the Priority of the calls in the hotline with the low call volume to 10 and the call is transferred to the hotline with the high call volume (no priority) the calls keep the Priority 10 and they would be transferred to an Agent before the regular calls.

Thank you in advance,

Rafael

Rafael Kaufmann
    NTT Germany AG & Co. KG

• 4.  RE: transfer priorized

Posted 05-04-2020 09:26
    Hi Rafael,

For your first question, you could have the agent transfer the call to a dummy queue, with no agents, that has an In-Queue flow that transfers to the actual high volume queue with a higher priority. To not confuse the agent with another queue, you could add a button in your script that handles the transfer for them. While I haven't tested, you may also be able to set participant data to the initial queue name before the initial transfer to ACD step and then in the high volume queue In-Queue Flow you could use get participant data to see if it is set. If it is, you know it came from another queue. You can then update that to clear it out (Set Participant Data to empty string - to prevent a loop) and then transfer to the same queue it is already in, but with a higher priority.

Thanks,

Daniel McLeod
    Qsect LLC

• 5.  RE: transfer priorized

GENESYS
    Posted 05-04-2020 10:05
    One way to accomplish this fairly easily is by using a button in the call script which calls a Secure Call flow that adds whatever skills were on the first call and sets the priority really high (something like 10+999). The agent can click the button to do the transfer and the call will go into the new queue at the head of the line (or close...right behind other calls that got transfered earlier in the same way, if there are any waiting for an agent).

See my discussion of the secure call flow in:

https://community.genesys.com/digestviewer29/viewthread?GroupId=19&MessageKey=bd193bfb-207c-4670-88e2-4ad05fce8a11&CommunityKey=bab95e9c-6bbe-4a13-8ade-8ec0faf733d4&tab=digestviewer

Also see my walk-through of what the setup in the Q&A Show video (By George segment near the end): 

https://youtu.be/V56rnsWY1UA

George Ganahl GCP (Genesys Cloud), ICCE
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources