Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Caller Cancel Callback

Posted 11-16-2018 15:22
    Is there a way for a caller to cancel their own callback request? 

We are seeing a high number of call back requests right now and it may take a day to get back to someone. We are running into the "I already figured it out" scenario when we call back, thus wasting minutes. 

The idea in my head went something like: 
    Have the caller call back in, have PC recognize that there's a pending call back under their number and give them the option to cancel or continue to wait.
    #Outbound

------------------------------
    Patrick Orsborn
    Blucora, Inc.

• 2.  RE: Caller Cancel Callback

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2018 16:46
    I think you would be best off opening a discussion on https://developer.mypurecloud.com/forum/ . They can give you more specific help on using the API in conjunction with PureCloud Architect and a web services data action integration to PureCloud.

I don't see anything simple in the API documentation that looks like it can be used directly, but someone on the development side might be able to think of a way.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Caller Cancel Callback
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 11-16-2018 17:53
    Definitely ask any more question in the develop forum, but I got this to work.

To find out if there are any pending callbacks, I did a post to the /api/v2/analytics/conversations/details/query endpoint with this body:
    {{ "interval": "2018-11-16T05:00:00.000Z/2018-11-17T05:00:00.000Z", "order": "desc", "orderBy": "conversationStart", "paging": { "pageSize": 50, "pageNumber": 1 }, "segmentFilters": [{ "type": "and", "predicates": [{ "dimension": "mediaType", "value": "callback" }] }, { "type": "and", "predicates": [{ "dimension": "ani", "value": "tel:+13175556666" }] }, { "type": "and", "clauses": [{ "type": "and", "predicates": [{ "dimension": "purpose", "operator": "matches", "value": "acd" }, { "dimension": "segmentEnd", "operator": "notExists" }] }] }], "evaluationFilters": []}
    That finds a callback for the phone number tel:+13175556666, and that is still waiting in queue.

To disconnect the callback, patch to the api/v2/conversations/callbacks/{conversationId}/participants/{participantId} endpoint with this body:
    {{ "state":"DISCONNECTED"}
    where participantId is the id of the callback participant.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Caller Cancel Callback

Posted 11-19-2018 08:16
    Thank you both! I'll post in development if we have further questions.

Patrick Orsborn
    Blucora, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources