Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  bulk import for users

Posted 05-15-2019 22:03
    Hi There,

I'm currently testing out the bulk user import using people_import_example.csv and discover some issues which I hope someone can shed some lights.

1. Divisions - Although you can assign division to a user, the role that you assigned to the user defaulted back to "Home" division. Massive work to rectify every one of them after import. There's no way to assign "All future divisions" too.
    2. Work number - Is there a way to default the phone number to NZ (+64)? It seems to use US country code only.
    3. Phone extensions - Saw it on idea lab. Any idea on the ETA? 

For 1&2, it would consume huge amount of time to fix something bulk import function doesn't do correctly.

We are not using AD sync at this stage so bulk import is our option.

Regards,
    MJ
    #Implementation
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Mei Jane Lim

• 2.  RE: bulk import for users

Posted 10-24-2019 09:35
    Did you ever get anyone to reach out to you on this? We see the same issues, aside from point 2. Our biggest issue is importing users with a work number and an extension. It will place them both on the same work number entry and cause an issue, then we have to go in one by one and modify the ext to another phone entry line. Very time consuming. 
    I noticed this on the Ideas Lab, but I think that was just adding the column on the import list for the Ext, which works, but only if you do not have an ext and DID to add. 
    https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLPLA-I-459

Angelia Harper
    Avtex Solutions, LLC

• 3.  RE: bulk import for users

Posted 12-06-2019 16:41

These issues still exist on December2019, even if you manually assign a division to a new user it's created in the home division.

Bulk import should be fixed by now...

Facundo Nowicky
    Interaxa S.A.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources