Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Latency issues

• 1.  Latency issues

Posted 02-20-2019 00:23
    Hi All
    Suppose this is more a question back to Genesys, but wanted to raise it here.
    I will be raising a case with support regarding recent latency issues. Agents have been reporting that when on-queue or speaking with a customer their status's are automatically changing then switching them off queue.

While we may temporarily find that the F5 refresh on the browser may update the agents status to reflect correctly in the Queues Activity view. It's concern that such actions to refresh constantly to remain up to date is becoming second nature.

While i will supply the norm, of console logs, interaction ids is there any other detail or troubleshooting that can be performed before support advises otherwise?

I suppose after a while you either decide is it worth raising to support if it dissipates after 30mins, or maybe is it worth reporting it but you know if they cannot replicate it then what's the point.
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: Latency issues

Posted 02-20-2019 02:57
    Well said Darryn, my thoughts entirely and as I have mentioned previously... I also submitted a feature request some time ago for a more aggressive refresh coded into the Agent GUI as this is the go-to fix for 99% of the daily queries from agents  - so much so I was thinking of getting a baseball cap printed with "PRESS F5" on the front to wear at work every day...:-)

Matt Calton
    Grove & Dean Ltd

• 3.  RE: Latency issues

Posted 02-21-2019 05:14
    Hi Darryn

We're seeing the same behavior as well. It's a frustrating agent experience which also impacts data integrity i.e. agents out of adherence / conformance in error.

On top of the usual logs, ID's etc, I find providing a video capture of the issue helps speed up the process. 

I also sympathies with your point on questioning the value of reporting these intermittent issues. The support process is so cumbersome that sometimes it's easier to simply accept the issue and introduce workarounds. 

Peter Dimatulac
    BizCover

• 4.  RE: Latency issues

Posted 02-21-2019 17:13
    We also are receiving a number of complaints as well.     

I am going to open a ticket with Genesys on this Error message multiple agents are experiencingesys on this, and suggest anyone else that is experiencing the similar issues to do the same.

Todd Smith
    EnvisionRxOptions

• 5.  RE: Latency issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-21-2019 18:04
    All, I have some questions on your posts as there seems to be a number of different items all being discussed here.  Please help clarity and provide more details...

1)  Darryn - Agents have been reporting that when on-queue or speaking with a customer their status's are automatically changing then switching them off queue and While we may temporarily find that the F5 refresh on the browser may update the agents status to reflect correctly in the Queues Activity view. It's concern that such actions to refresh constantly to remain up to date is becoming second nature.   
    --Are these 2 separate issues?   The Agents status are changing and the queue activity view isn't reflecting that?  Or the Queue Activity View and the Agent Status aren't reporting the same?   
    --Also, Are you by chance filtered on Agent status in the Queue Activity Detail view?  If so, that will not automatically refresh, you will need to click refresh to see those updates. 

2) Todd - which complaints are you receiving is it related to your screenshot?  If so, is your screenshot a one time thing or is that view unresponsive often and if so, is it after refreshing, sitting open for awhile, etc?  Are you on the latest version of the browser?  Also, are you in the Queue Activity Summary, Queue Activity Detail or the My Queue Activity View?    

Thanks!

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Latency issues

Posted 02-21-2019 18:58
    Hi Darlene

Its with any view, I can be sitting on the Queues Activity view while also having the chat participants on the left open and in chat the agent will be greyed out  but when i refresh the Queues Activity view  the agent will in fact be online/on-queue. Its not until i do a full refresh of the web browser then it updates.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 7.  RE: Latency issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-21-2019 19:21
    Darryn. Do you have any user filters selected on that view?  If so it will not real time refresh which is why we have the refresh button on the top right.

Darlene Oordt
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Latency issues

Posted 02-22-2019 13:30
    I have had no additional reports of latency so far today from my agents.   

Todd Smith
    EnvisionRxOptions

• 9.  RE: Latency issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2019 17:32
    Good to hear thanks Todd for the update.

Darlene Oordt
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Latency issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-22-2019 17:32
    Darryn-

I did some testing today and I do see a few seconds lag between when the agent changes their status and when the activity view updates, but it sounds like you're saying that you never see the update without doing a refresh?

Darlene Oordt
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Latency issues

Posted 02-25-2019 02:03
      |   view attached
    Hi Darlene,
    I have today captured the view of Queues Activity with No filters on and the left panel indicating 5 interactions but the right was 10 interactions (manually using refresh of queue) this would fluctuate up and down but never would they align.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 12.  RE: Latency issues

GENESYS
    Posted 02-25-2019 08:55
    Edited by Darlene Oordt 02-25-2019 10:06
    Darryn.  That is entirely possible that the left and right side don't add up.  The right side will show agents who are in ACW whereas the left side is showing only from the customer view who is waiting or interacting.  Also the right hand side will show agent activity if they are activated and working on other queues besides the queue that you are looking at.   It will also show any agents that are direct calls that are not on behalf of a queue.   Could any of these explain the differences you may be seeing in the numbers?

Darlene Oordt
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources