Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Schedules and Holidays

Posted 04-14-2019 22:52
    Hey all, I am thinking out loud here as I prep for upcoming holiday schedules of when our IVR will open the lines to agents.

If normal operating OPEN hours is from 6am but I set a Holiday Schedule from 7am to OPEN. Does anyone know which one will take precedence?
    I would suspect the normal open hours from 6am would be first given the time is prior to the Holiday schedule. Is my thinking correct?

If that is the case then I suspect I would need to set a one-time after hours schedule in CLOSED for 12am-6.59am for the Holiday schedule to start from 7am?

To ensure i don't remove existing OPEN schedules, anyone confirm my thinking is correct?

All CLOSED schedules are in place to reflect either After hour closed periods and Stat Holiday Closure times.
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: Schedules and Holidays

Posted 04-15-2019 02:40
    The best match should apply so your week schedule has no date the one for the bank holiday does have a date and therefore is the best match since it is more specific.

Kind regards,
    Ruud Reinold

• 3.  RE: Schedules and Holidays

GENESYS
    Posted 04-15-2019 09:46
    PureCloud evaluates/applies schedules in the order of Open=>Closed=>Holiday=>Emergency

Meaning, if multiple schedules are configured that cover the same time and date, then a Closed Schedule will override an Open schedule. A Holiday schedule will override a Closed schedule (and run the associated Flow). An Emergency schedule overrides everything.

In your case, Darryn, you would need a Closed schedule to cover the 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. hour (no need to be 6:59) since there is no overlap with the Holiday schedule. The Holiday schedule should take over starting at 7 a.m.

Ruud, PureCloud does not have the same concept of "more specific" that Interaction Center/Attendant does.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Schedules and Holidays

Posted 04-15-2019 22:27
    Thanks @George Ganahl, i suppose that leads me to another question. Previously when we first started, we had to enter in Closed schedules, to turn off the Active call flow.
    Is that still the case?
    For example I have a OPEN schedule which operates 5 days per week between 6.30am-5.00pm then CLOSED activates from 5.00pm to 11.59pm, 12.00am to 6.29am the following day before OPEN starts over again.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 5.  RE: Schedules and Holidays

GENESYS
    Posted 04-15-2019 23:04
    If no schedule for the given date/time evaluates to open, then PureCloud defaults to CLOSED. 

So, no, you do not need to have specific Closed schedules for when you are not Open.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources