Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Difference between PureCloud 3 User, PureCloud Communicate Stand-alone Phone, PureCloud Communicate User.

Posted 05-23-2019 21:01

I have received my bill today and have used your website to understand how it all works.

I have 5 users that use PureCloud for receiving Inbound calls and completing Outbound calls.

On this particular invoice, I have been billed for 20 users.

Recently, we have created an internal queues to reach peers across our business units. They do not use it for receiving inbound calls outside of the organisation.

Questions?

What does the license stand for

PureCloud 3 User

PureCloud Communicate Stand-alone Phone

PureCloud Communicate User.

The additional 15 people that have been added to the queue should in my eyes only be used for internal communications and not costed at queue level. Have i set this up incorrectly? Is there a way of having a set up like this.

Thanks
    Luke

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Integrations
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Luke Humphries
    Coal LSL

• 2.  RE: Difference between PureCloud 3 User, PureCloud Communicate Stand-alone Phone, PureCloud Communicate User.

GENESYS
    Posted 05-24-2019 07:43
    Hi Luke,

The license that a user has is based on what permissions the user has (which is determined by what roles they have). You should be able to see what license each user would have by going to the Admin page, then clicking on the "People" link. Are you seeing something different there than what you were billed for?

Also, if you need help figuring out what permissions to remove from the 15 users to get them to the Communicate license instead of PureCloud 3, let me know.

Anthony Alford
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Difference between PureCloud 3 User, PureCloud Communicate Stand-alone Phone, PureCloud Communicate User.

GENESYS
    Posted 06-03-2019 23:39
    Luke,

I am hoping you have the billing sorted out now.

For reference, there is an FAQ on the Resource Center that talks about licenses and billing:

What defines a billable named user for PureCloud services?

Anyone that logged in to the PureCloud service during the billing period is a billable named user. The user type billed is the highest level license assigned to that the user during the billing period.

What defines a billable concurrent user for PureCloud contact center services?

Concurrent users are available for PureCloud 1, 2, or 3 license types. Any users with a Communicate or Collaborate license type are treated as named. If a concurrent license model is selected, all PureCloud 1, 2, or 3 users are licensed as concurrent. It's not possible to mix named and concurrent PureCloud 1, 2, or 3 user types at this time.

In a concurrent licensing model, the maximum number (peak) of concurrent (simultaneous) users during a billing period is charged. To support shift changes, usage peaks shorter than 30 minutes in duration are disregarded.

The user type billed is the highest PureCloud level license that they were assigned during the billing period. Concurrent billing in PureCloud is limited to organizations that are contained within a single geographic region.

Concurrent usage is calculated and billed separately for each geographic region.

So, it may be that you had all your users assigned the permissions to go On Queue and receive calls as part of a queue, even though it was just for internal purposes. That would have automatically applied a PureCloud 3 license if you included permissions which require it, and as soon as those users logged in with that license assigned they would have been flagged to be billed at that level for the month.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCP
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources