Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Emails with Same Subject Line Grouped Together

Posted 05-30-2018 15:08
    We see where emails coming into PureCloud as interactions with the same subject line can some times be grouped together in a single interaction. If the subject is identical, PureCloud seems to believe they are part of the same interaction even though the email body is different.

Has anyone seen this issue and figured out how to keep the email interactions separate even when they have the same subject line?

------------------------------
    Scott Schleisman
    Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC

• 2.  RE: Emails with Same Subject Line Grouped Together

GENESYS
    Posted 05-30-2018 15:10
    Same subject line but different From addresses?

For that, I'd contact Support.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Emails with Same Subject Line Grouped Together

Posted 05-30-2018 15:29
    ​The emails will come from the same address with the same subject line but the email body will be different. Any way to keep PureCloud from combining this into the same interaction?

Scott Schleisman
    Bright Horizons Family Solutions LLC

• 4.  RE: Emails with Same Subject Line Grouped Together

GENESYS
    Posted 05-30-2018 16:24
    Not that I am aware of. Support might give you a different answer. Or they can help you add an enhancement request.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Emails with Same Subject Line Grouped Together

GENESYS
    Posted 05-31-2018 10:01
    Hello, I would suggest contacting support to add an enhancement request. PureCloud threads those emails into one conversation because of previous issues with specific email clients that did not set the correct email headers for replies. The combination of the same sender, destination, and subject is currently threading those emails together.

Dave Siukola
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Emails with Same Subject Line Grouped Together

Posted 06-11-2019 09:45
    All, this issue is actually a pretty big issue for our customers. Even if the sender is of a different email address, it will link the emails together if the Subject lines match exactly. What a mess that causes. One City based org uses the same Subject on their emails to identify what the sender is requesting, such as "New Repair" or "Moving Date" and the thread on this email is over 300+. This makes it extremely hard to find conversations between specific folks and it is actually not very helpful when you are trying to keep family information separated. Any idea if this will be fixed? I see there are a few Ideas out there, and this is one of the closest ones that I reviewed (below). Another org uses emails for Orders, you can imagine that email thread, it is huge. One Subject of "Order Status" could contain hundreds of emails. On a few occasions the email interaction could not be disconnected. I can only think it was because it was so large, it could not process. This needs to be looked at a bit more in depth. 
    https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-246

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 7.  RE: Emails with Same Subject Line Grouped Together

GENESYS
    Posted 06-11-2019 12:51
    Hello, Angelia,

Could you open a case with support to investigate the email conversation that exceeds 300 items within the thread? It's possible there could be a bug if there are different senders that get threaded to the same conversation that is worth investigating. Could you include sample conversationIds? Thanks.

Dave Siukola
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Emails with Same Subject Line Grouped Together

Posted 06-13-2019 12:03
    @Dave Siukola I just tested a few different​ scenarios and this looks to possibly now be working as I would have expected it. If I continue to see the issues I will get a case opened up.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources