Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Multiple customer records in Dynamics

Posted 04-19-2019 09:49
    Hello,

The customer is identified via his ANI. we search in dynamics to identify him. There are cases where there are 4 possible matches from the CRM. How can these 4 customer records be showed up to the agent in PureCloud before he picks up the call ? these 4 recrods will be displayed during a script ? or 4 tabs ? 4 pop up ?

Customer record : shows the minimum of information that help the agent identifies the customer calling.
    We are using Microsoft Dyamics 365 Data Action.

Regards,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #Implementation

------------------------------
    Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

• 2.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

Posted 05-05-2019 19:43
    Pass as participant data the key IS_SearchValue with the data of the original search string. This will pop a list of found contacts that the agent can select from

Mike

Mike Hardie
    CALLSCAN AUSTRALIA PTY. LTD.

• 3.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

Posted 05-08-2019 05:33
    Thank you @Mike Hardie for your answer, exactly my goal is to generate a table with different rows, each row contains minimum of information (first name, last name, phone number) and the agent will have the ability to choose and open a customer record by clicking on one of the rows presented.

Could you please explain how it can be done by using IS_SearchValue as you described in your previous answer please ?

Yours,​

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

• 4.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

Posted 05-09-2019 13:42
    Hello @George Ganahl

Is it possible to shed some light on this please ?​

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

• 5.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2019 13:48
    No, sorry. I could go figure it out, given time, but it is not my main area of expertise and I do not have the bandwidth to figure out a solution right now.

Professional Services has a package to help partners learn how to implement scripts, I think. That would be the best place to get some solid expertise to help you figure out the best solution.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2019 13:57
    That said, I suggest you take a look at the Resource Center for info on how to use the Dropdown control, and to populate it from multiple Input variable that you create in the script. You probably have to parse the  IS_SearchValue into multiple String variables in the flow and use those to populate the Input variables in the script, though I haven't done any research on that. @Melissa Bailey might know.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

Posted 05-09-2019 14:04
    Appreciate your support @George Ganahl
    A really quick question : IS_SearchValue is a variable that I have to create in architect or in a script ? or it already exists somewhere ?

Yours,

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

• 8.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2019 14:20
    Mike was referring to something in Architect.

I don't know whether it exists due to the Dynamics integration, or exactly what he was looking at. I don't have Dynamics set up or a way to see what shows up in Architect.

He recommended passing it as Participant Data, which is set in Architect. I don't know what that would look like in a script...it might come in as a single delimited string with all of the returned values, and I don't think that would work to populate the drop-down properly. Someone else who has time to look at it can probably answer that bit.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Genesys

• 9.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

GENESYS
    Posted 05-09-2019 15:02
    IS_SearchValue is not a built-in variable in Architect.

You can't send a list variable to the script and the dropdown will not parse the string for you, so you will need to parse it into individual variables in the flow and send each one to the script.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 10.  RE: Multiple customer records in Dynamics

Posted 05-09-2019 15:08
    so I need to create this variable and use Get Participant Data in architect ?

The value of this variable corresponds to each multiple customer records ? 

Charaf Eddine Chemlal
    Dimension Data France

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources