Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

• 1.  PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

Posted 07-25-2018 09:38
    Does anyone know why PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule ?

------------------------------
    Abdul Rehman Shaikh
    HelloFresh

• 2.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

Posted 07-26-2018 01:32
    Hello Abdul

We are getting a 'generation failed' message trying to run schedules at the moment and have logged a support case on this.

Maybe that there is a back-end issue with schedules at the moment?

Thanks and regards

Blair Wilkinson
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

Posted 07-26-2018 03:24
    Hi Blair,

Yes this is definately a Backend issue or Memory issue on the Server. I did get back to our PureCloud WFM contact and he also mentioned that this is a Server issue. I am on it 24/7 since yesterday and PureCloud engineers keep asking for Network and Console logs at my end. This does nothing but only Keeps dragging the issue.

Regards,
    Rehman

Abdul Rehman Shaikh
    HelloFresh

• 4.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

Posted 07-26-2018 04:29
    We've also got clients reporting the 'generation failed' message when trying to generate a schedule.  Have opened a case with support but unlikely that will get very far. 

• 5.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule
    Best Answer

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2018 10:25
    The development team is actively looking into the issues over the last couple of days.

Outright failed schedule generation attempts are not expected and I would suggest opening a support case and provide the text from the "Schedule Generation Results" dialog which is accessible in the Schedules list page via a link per scheduling run/attempt in the "Generation Results" column - utilize the "Copy Support Info to Clipboard".

Excessively long schedule runs may either be due to the complexity of the inputs, related to other requests higher in the queue, and/or an issue with the service.

Long schedule run times are affected by a multitude of factors:
    • Number of work plans
    • Flexibility of shifts
    • Number of shifts
    • Number of agents
    • Number of route groups (queue, interaction type, and skillset combinations in ACD data)
    • Deferred work (i.e., service level objectives or average speed of answer goals greater than 15m)
    • Number of other schedule generation requests ahead in queue
    • Hardware processor
    • Available memory
    • Network speed
    One thing to possibly look at is limiting flexibility of work plans by:
    • Narrowing shift and activity start time windows and/or increasing start time increment
    • Minimizing number of potential shifts per day
    • Narrowing daily and weekly paid time range
    • Minimize number of activities and avoid activity configurations with wide overlaps of start time windows
    • Grouping as much as possible of agents in lower number work plans

The scheduling engine is attempting to accurately pick the agents needed to meet the forecast need while maintaining service performance goals. The benefit of increased FTE efficiency and higher and more stable service levels outweighs the increased schedule generation times.

What is the value gained in just one FTE reduction or a couple points of increased service level or a few second reduction in average speed of answer?

We could have a blazingly fast scheduling engine that is not very good or an amazingly good one that takes days or even weeks to run. We attempt to achieve a good balance between the two. Having said that we are finalizing a huge enhancement that will significantly lower schedule generation times and hope to release that later this quarter.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 6.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

Posted 07-26-2018 11:23
    Hi Jay,

Many thanks for the detailed explanation and lots of it does makes sense. Infact I did doubt the complexity in our Work plans to be one of the reasons for the Schedule generation failure and I reduced the complexity by fixing the shift times but it still failed for bigger Management unit (Bigger headcount and Multiple work hour contracts).

I then tried this on a smaller Management unit(Less headcount) but it still fails to generate.

I have infact raised a support case(2335551) and have been in regular contact with Mysupport since yesterday. Hoping for it to be solved quickly.

Regards,
    Rehman

Abdul Rehman Shaikh
    HelloFresh

• 7.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

GENESYS
    Posted 07-26-2018 12:43
    There was an issue with the agent scheduling service and we have resolved known issues with schedule generation requests failing. We will continue to monitor.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

• 8.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

Posted 07-26-2018 18:58
    Dear Team

For reference, we are able to successfully run schedules this morning and will do further verification today.

Thanks and regards

Blair Wilkinson
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 9.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

Posted 07-27-2018 03:55
    Thanks for the update Blair

Abdul Rehman Shaikh
    HelloFresh

• 10.  RE: PureCloud WFM takes more than 2 hours to generate a Weekly Schedule

Posted 10-18-2018 05:22
    WFM schedule generation is getting stuck on 10% across multiple orgs.  Have a case raised with support but is not moving anywhere fast.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources