Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can SMS Numbers be Configured a Voice?

Posted 01-04-2019 14:31
    Just this week we began experimenting with SMS on behalf of queue. Our shop is 98.465% outbound and having the ability to initiate and continue a conversation with a customer is an awesome and much awaited edition to PureCloud! 

One of the first and most obvious things we encountered in our testing, what happens if a customer calls the number they were texting with? Either I'm missing something or.....well I'm probably missing something. 

Whenever we call the number we hear a busy tone, as if the number weren't in-service in our org. So the question becomes, can numbers in our SMS inventory also be made in-service through PureCloud Voice to receive interactions from customers? 

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Outbound
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Aaron Shirley
    Baker College

• 2.  RE: Can SMS Numbers be Configured a Voice?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-04-2019 16:36
    I'm not an expert on this but from what I understand, when you got an SMS number you only bought the ability to text to/from it. You didn't buy the ability to take phone calls on it.  I don't know if it's possible to buy both abilities on the same number.  I'll ask someone who know more about this area to chime in.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Can SMS Numbers be Configured a Voice?

Posted 01-04-2019 16:43
    Thank you for the response, Melissa. That makes sense, and it could be valuable for us to be able to do both on one number. I look forward to hearing what you're able to learn!

Aaron Shirley
    Baker College

• 4.  RE: Can SMS Numbers be Configured a Voice?

GENESYS
    Posted 01-07-2019 08:14
    Hi Aaron,
    As Melissa mentioned, currently you can only use SMS numbers for SMS, however having the ability to have voice and SMS on the same number is something we are considering on the roadmap.  If this is a feature that would be useful for your business it would be great if you could vote on it in the ideas forum.  The idea number is CLDIG-I-280 (Voice & SMS on same number).  

More on voting for ideas/features can be found here:
    PureCloud - Genesys
    Genesys remove preview
    PureCloud - Genesys
    Hidden page that shows all messages in a thread
    View this on Genesys >

Katie Ritz
    Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources