Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Specify PureCloud IP Address

GENESYS
    Posted 06-06-2018 10:45

Hi All,

I need to provide my customer with the port number(s) and IP address(es) of PureCloud to set the firewall rules between the EDGE and Purecloud.

Basically, the section "Ports and services to configure on your company firewall" in Resource Center states that port tcp/443 (HTTPS) should be enabled for destination PureCloud, Amazon AWS.

However, I can't find an specific IP Address as a destination address. I have a large range of IP address given in the link https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json which Amazon AWS uses. But how can I know which one or ones are used by EDGE to communicate with PureCloud? Can you let me know if it is possible to have a specific IP address (or address range)?

Regards
    Guven

------------------------------
    Guven

• 2.  RE: Specify PureCloud IP Address

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2018 10:59
    Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to provide a specific IP address or address range. As mentioned in the "Ports and services to configure on your company firewall" article in Resource Center:
    Amazon AWS utilizes a large set of IP address ranges. Services deployed in AWS can use any of these addresses, and addresses are subject to change frequently. Amazon provides and maintains a list of available IP addresses, which is subject to change. More details are available here: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/general/latest/gr/aws-ip-ranges.html

Greg Shultz
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Specify PureCloud IP Address

Posted 01-02-2019 12:14
    Hi Greg,
    Given that the IP addresses are going to change, what is the best way to update these IP addresses in the firewall ? Should the firewall techs simply remove all the IP addresses which were previously inserted into the firewall, and dump a new set of parsed IP addresses of Region US-East-1 ? Or does one need to compare the addresses which were uploaded previously and compare it with the newly released AWS IP addresses to find out which IP are no longer used ?
    Regards
    Samuel

Samuel Effange
    Nissan North America, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources