Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Macro to Convert Milliseconds (MS) to HH:MM:SS for Duration Columns in CSV View Exports

• 1.  Macro to Convert Milliseconds (MS) to HH:MM:SS for Duration Columns in CSV View Exports

GENESYS
    Posted 10-18-2018 21:17

CSV export from the Performance Views uses Milliseconds for all time/duration values.  Many have asked for an easy way to see this data in a more standard Excel format that mimics the views - HH:MM:SS.   I've created a simple Macro in Excel which quickly and easily converts these columns from MS to HH:MM:SS that I use all the time when looking at the exports – it's simple and easy. 

Here's the instructions to install the macro in Excel.  Note:  the Macro persists in Excel so it only needs to be installed once. 

1. Rename/Save the file (ConvertMS.xlam) to your hard drive (make sure to remove the .zip extension)
    2. Open Excel
    3. If you don't see developer ribbon then you will want to add it:  File>Options>Customize Ribbon>Select Checkbox next to Developer on Right Panel
    4. Go to Developer Ribbon and select Excel Add-ins
    5. Browse and select the file you saved above (ConvertMS.xlam)
    6. Add-in should be installed and looks like a circle (see screenshot below - install macro.png)
    7. Open any of your CSV Files in Excel and select all column(s) and/or cell(s) that you want to convert from MS to HH:MM:SS and click the macro circle icon (Note:  Macro will ignore the column header text fields so you can select the entire column(s))

Note:  the Macro persists in Excel so it only needs to be installed once. 

In case you have issues downloading the macro file or installing it here's the code that I used to create the macro (P.S. It's been a long time since I was a developer so I'm sure some of you could build something much cooler) :)

Sub ConversionMacro()

'

Dim cel As Range

Dim selectedRange As Range

Set selectedRange = Application.Selection

For Each cel In selectedRange.Cells

If Not IsEmpty(cel.Value) And cel.Value > 0 And IsNumeric(cel.Value) Then

cel.FormulaR1C1 = "=" & Val(cel.Value) & "/86400000"

cel.NumberFormat = "[h]:mm:ss"

End If

Next cel

End Sub

------------------------------
    Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

Attachment(s)

zip
    ConvertMS.xlam.zip   14 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Macro to Convert Milliseconds (MS) to HH:MM:SS for Duration Columns in CSV View Exports

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2018 09:40
    If you're one a Mac, step three is a bit different:
    For Mac: Select Excel > Preferences > Ribbon & Toolbar. Under Customize the Ribbon, select Main Tabs and then check Developer. Click Save and then close Excel Preferences.

Jordan Robinson-Rucker
    PureCloud Technical Writer
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources