Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IVR alerts

Posted 08-13-2018 19:25
    Hi Everyone
    We have been operating 2 main self service IVRs for just over 2 years now but have noticed of late that there seems to be errors occurring, these are unfortunately either notified by out internal users using the IVR or by manually checking the history and log files for errors.

If you operate an IVR, how do you monitor or be alerted to if there is an error forcing customers to follow a failure path?

Does Purecloud have any IVR type monitoring tools to alert administrators and network personal to being able to identify errors besides looking at logs and history manually?

Open to your suggestions

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: IVR alerts

Posted 08-14-2018 05:35
    Hi Darryn,

Are you referring to capturing the Inbound Flow journey ?

I had some request for debug statements to be added, and used the set participant data to 'write' debug statements at different steps in the call flow. The information is retrievable from the conversation "attributes", using GET /api/v2/conversations/{conversationId}

If you are actually referring to menu options and the default menu choice, I had similar issue where we needed to capture the menu option entered by the caller.
    Say there is a 3 options menu (1, 2, 3) and the default menu choice is "2". You can 'set participant data' the menu choice taken. However you cannot tell if the option '2' was actively selected by the caller or the default option. One possibility considered was to have the default option as '0' and build the task to then jump to the same task defined with option '2'. This allows you to capture the user journey and distinguish a menu choice from a default choice.

Hope this helps
    Jean-Christophe

Jean-Christophe Poyelle
    Foehn Ltd.

• 3.  RE: IVR alerts

GENESYS
    Posted 08-14-2018 12:58
    Off the top of my head, about all I can think of that would be proactive, an immediate alert, would be to set up a Webservice that sends an email or alert of some kind to designated people, and have the IVR failure path(s) set up to use that webservice to send a notification with the name of the flow, etc., that experienced the failure. Not a wonderful solution, but doable.

You might go to the suggestions site and enter one to add an action for the ability to send an email or a notification to someone.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources