Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Scripts defaulting to Black background

Posted 12-19-2018 21:24
    Has anyone noticed a bug where existing scripts are defaulting to black background colour?
    We have noticed this in our scripts that edits or even using preview function is forcing the background colour to default to black.
    Have raised it with care team but wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue as its frustrating our script teams as they attempt to edit the scripts for publish to agents
    #Outbound
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: Scripts defaulting to Black background

Posted 12-20-2018 03:45
    Hi Darryn,

Yes, I got the same issue two days back, when editing the Script, the background color changed to black once I click 

I think it is general issue

Regards

Oudderhem Mostafa
    Coverage-Communication

• 3.  RE: Scripts defaulting to Black background

GENESYS
    Posted 12-20-2018 08:50
    Interesting...I thought I had changed my background to black and forgotten that I did so, because I opened an existing script to edit it and the background was black.

I'll do some checking. Please open a ticket if you haven't already, so it can be officially tracked in the right places.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Scripts defaulting to Black background

GENESYS
    Posted 12-20-2018 09:00
    I can't replicate the behavior today.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Scripts defaulting to Black background

Posted 12-20-2018 17:08
    Thanks @George Ganahl, I have opened a ticket but the case manager was unable to replicate the issue 
    I have provided a video capture to the case 0002432627, and have tested again today and it's still having issues for all script admins across the country. @Cass Sapir curiosity gets the better of me as to why a case manager cannot replicate an issue yet few community users can?
    Even with the shared org details.

Interestingly i have noticed when i open my dev console log and stretch it across the screen to shrink the window showing the scripts the following details appear "You have unsaved changes. Recover them from autosave?" when the screen is maximised in the UI platform this detail is not visable and the scripter would have no idea that it exists.

I am no code developer but it seems to relate to the body and font codes as it can see the background color then it errors and defaults to black. 

​​

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 6.  RE: Scripts defaulting to Black background

GENESYS
    Posted 12-21-2018 08:32
    Hi Darryn Chang, 

I am from the scripting team and just got shown this thread. I will need more about your script to be 100%, but I believe you are running into a bug that we had for a long time that we just fixed. If you had selected the color option for the background it defaults to black but we were not turning your background to black. We fixed the syncing issue in our last build. My guess is your scripts are putting the root container's background option to the color option and in the past it would have stayed white. Now it will respect the picker and go to black. If you just change the option to default then you will get white, but if you just want white then with the color picker switch it to white and you should be good.

joshua frederick
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Scripts defaulting to Black background

GENESYS
    Posted 12-21-2018 10:18
    Alright so I will give a general update here. This black background looks to only effect edit mode of scripts. We have looked into this issue some more and I am working on some code changes to make this behave better. We fixed the one bug we had which led to another. We should have been defaulting the color option to the same color as the default option and instead we were going to the default of the color picker which is black. Will update this thread again when we have the new changes in place for everyone.

joshua frederick
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Scripts defaulting to Black background

GENESYS
    Posted 12-21-2018 12:40
    Hi everyone,

Just now we deployed a fix for this into production. Happy Holidays!

joshua frederick
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Scripts defaulting to Black background

Posted 01-06-2019 22:01
    Seems to have been resolved. Lucky it was over the close down period

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources