Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Data Tables and IVR

Posted 10-18-2018 20:42
    Hey ALL

Anyone worked with Data Tables?

I have been told I could use these to configure ambush messages on our IVR. I have gone over the resource center for process how to implement. But does anyone have or know of a online video to educate how the functionality works or tutorials?

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: Data Tables and IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2018 01:40
    Sorry, Darryn, I don't know of anything out there, yet. We are currently creating the Advanced Architect course, but that doesn't help you right now.

Plus, I haven't played with them in my own Org yet. I need to do that...maybe I'll be able to give you some pointers next week (presuming I force myself to settle down and give them a go).

@Melissa Bailey has probably done testing on them, and might be able to talk more about the configuration/use.​

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Data Tables and IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 10-19-2018 11:06
    Hi Darryn,

What do you mean by an ambush message?

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Data Tables and IVR

Posted 10-23-2018 01:20
    Melissa, presently with our self service IVR function we manually intervene if there is going to be a delay to our customers and implement a temporary 'ambush message' on the call flow that matches the product with the affected service but as we train new users, the question was asked if there was a simpler more user friendly way we could program a message from Purecloud say via intranet page built into apps and possibly use data tables to select the flow needing a message, along with the ability of having architect use the data table to align with the correct ambush aka audio prompt.

While its not ideal to amend call flows every time there is a message required plus it exposes the orgs entire call flows in operation. We were looking at avenues to explore alternative means to activate and deactivate messages.

Some might say to take the bot path and use lex, but while that may be the preferred path. Not all businesses work the same way to achieve the same result.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 5.  RE: Data Tables and IVR

GENESYS
    Posted 10-23-2018 17:55
    Ok.  Create a data table with a key and a string field for the message.  Add a row for each flow with nothing in message field for now.  In each flow when you want to play (or not) the ambush message, add a Data Table Lookup action that looks up the table's row for flow.  In the Found path of the action, check to see if the message is empty and if not, play it.  You can add play audio steps in the Not Found and Failure paths for debugging, but make sure to remove them before your changes go live.

One note about your app that will update the data table--if you want to clear out a message (so you callers don't hear it anymore), make sure to update the data table row with an empty string for the message field instead of deleting the row.  If you delete the row, you won't be able to add an ambush message back in unless you remember the exact name of the key.

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Data Tables and IVR

Posted 10-19-2018 14:21
    The data table basically has a reference key and a number of data elements. In Architect you use the Data Table Lookup to get the elements associated with the reference key. It reads them into variables.

I'm using it for looking up incoming numbers going to the same queue and displaying the associated name in a screen pop.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 7.  RE: Data Tables and IVR

Posted 10-28-2018 11:18
    Well I am using it as a set of *Switches*. A key vs a boolean then checking in the architect if any switch is enable/disable, take different call flows or paths.

For instance, if FogFlow is set, play a different *Main Menu* with and additional message about weather disruption and an additional option to directly transfer to pertinent agent.

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies - Dubai

• 8.  RE: Data Tables and IVR

Posted 03-21-2019 06:56
    Hello Sajid, and everyone.

Can you please share the part right of you screen wich is masked.

Because I want to do what you've done and I miss some information.

If someone can give me more information about this process, it will be very helpfull.

Thanks

Best regards

MaximePierru
    L'Olivier AssuranceConsultant Stagiaire

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources