View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Setup Virtual Edge with 2 network interfaces

Posted 10-18-2018 12:27

Hello,

I am trying to setup a new virtual Edge server with 2 x network interfaces:
       - int#1: WAN => SIP Trunking
       - int#2: LAN => WebRTC Trunking

I have added a new network Interface on my Edge VM, and I can configure this new on on the VM.

On PureCloud side, the Edge is shown as "The edge is not communcating with the cloud".
    I have checked that I can ping network Internet hosts, with name resolution: all is OK.

My questions:
    Is it possible to setup several network interfaces to separate trunks trafic?

Thanks,

Vincent

------------------------------
    Vincent BEZARD
    CoverApps

• 2.  RE: Setup Virtual Edge with 2 network interfaces

Posted 10-18-2018 12:58
    I think you want the WebRTC trunk on the WAN side, but this is not the source of your connectivity issues to PureCloud. If you use two interfaces, the LAN interface should not have a default gateway and use static routes instead, as necessary. Otherwise, you might end up with a NAT issue. Also, make sure the firewall on the WAN side is allowing traffic on the required ports (maybe shutdown the LAN interface until you confirm PureCloud can connect to the edge).

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 3.  RE: Setup Virtual Edge with 2 network interfaces

Posted 10-19-2018 03:01
    I already have remove the default GW on the LAN side.
    I can ping hosts on LAN and on WAN.
    So, this is not a network issue.

I have changes to rollback to the original config, and it is not working anymore.
    The issue cames from the fact that the network connection name should me exactly "Port 1 (WAN)". If I change the name, it does not work anymore.

My question is if I add a new interface, what should be ne the name?

Thanks,

Vincent

Vincent BEZARD
    CoverApps

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources