Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  WebRTC: Loud disconnect tone

Posted 05-28-2018 05:32
    Edited by Christian Ropertz 05-28-2018 05:52

Hi all, 

We experiencing some annoying issues while using WebRTC. 
    Note,- this issue only occurs on WebRTC, since 'sip phones'  have a disconnect button for ending the call. 

So, when a call is ended using WebRTC, somethimes the 'disconnect' tone continues playing for about 15 seconds trough the headset. This is annoying for the agent, especially when this happens allot.  

A few months ago Genesys released an update which the described would solve the issue. With releasing this update, the loud WebRTC disconnect tone was reduced to 10-15 seconds. Before this update, loud disconnect tone kept playing for over 1 minute or more,- so it has been partially solved.

The button for ending the interaction (disconnect button) disappears as soon the call is disconnected, for example the other party. From that moment, the disconnect tone is played and cannot be canceled. Normally when using a SIP phone, you can just press the disconnect button which is psychically located on the phone of course.  

I opened a ticket before by Genesys but no solution so far.
    Reason why I opening a topic now, is collect data and information from costumers who have the same issue.

Did you manage to resolve it? If yes, how?
    Do you have the same issue, please let me know. If possible I would like to raise a shared ticket to Genesys support.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Christian Ropertz
    Dealerdirect HQ B.V.
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: WebRTC: Loud disconnect tone

Posted 10-18-2018 11:02
    We also have this issue and it only occurs when persistent connection is enabled.  Also have a case open with customer care.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources